Ron Moore

Default Hardinge BB4 Questions

I have ran across an old mill I'm not familiar with. The pic on the net looks
interesting. Are they very usuable due to the small working envelope?
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Kent Frazier

Ron,
Anything that Hardinge made was rock solid for the envelope.
If you work on small projects it will be useful.
Regards,

Kent
"Ron Moore" wrote in message
I have ran across an old mill I'm not familiar with. The pic on the net

looks
interesting. Are they very usuable due to the small working envelope?
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Ron Moore

Well, I went to see the BB4 today. About a 120 mile scenic tour, each way.
Looks like everythings there, even 14 4C colletts. Just needs a bit of paint
and cabinet door adjustment. The motor is almost as large as the mill portion.
I had to adopt it. Especially for $300.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"Ron Moore" wrote in message

I have ran across an old mill I'm not familiar with. The pic on the net

looks

interesting. Are they very usuable due to the small working envelope?
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

jim rozen

In article , Ron Moore says...

Well, I went to see the BB4 today. About a 120 mile scenic tour, each way.
Looks like everythings there, even 14 4C colletts. Just needs a bit of paint
and cabinet door adjustment. The motor is almost as large as the mill portion.
I had to adopt it. Especially for $300.

I've been dying to find one of these for my shop at work.
The seem like the ideal machine for small intricate work.
They also made companion vertical machine - no quill on
it though.

The doors are held with spring latches, that tend to break.
Hardinge still sells these latches inexpensively. The
4C collets you got are nearly worth 300 by themselves!

Jim

please reply to:

Gunner

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 04:29:16 GMT, Ron Moore
wrote:

Well, I went to see the BB4 today. About a 120 mile scenic tour, each way.
Looks like everythings there, even 14 4C colletts. Just needs a bit of paint
and cabinet door adjustment. The motor is almost as large as the mill portion.
I had to adopt it. Especially for $300.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Way cool!! Pictures!!

Gunner

"Ron Moore" wrote in message

I have ran across an old mill I'm not familiar with. The pic on the net

looks

interesting. Are they very usuable due to the small working envelope?
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Ron Moore

Unfortunately, I had to leave the little guy where I bought it. We don't close
on the new building until late January and I don't have the space to "stick it"
until then. It will be coming home as soon as I can get some room. At that
time, I will get some pics. It should make a great restoration (refinish)
project. This makes 12 known locations I have tools, etc. stuck. What a
roundup I'm gonna have.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore