jim rozen

Default Hardinge BB4 Questions

In article , Ron Moore says...

Well, I went to see the BB4 today. About a 120 mile scenic tour, each way.
Looks like everythings there, even 14 4C colletts. Just needs a bit of paint
and cabinet door adjustment. The motor is almost as large as the mill portion.
I had to adopt it. Especially for $300.

I've been dying to find one of these for my shop at work.
The seem like the ideal machine for small intricate work.
They also made companion vertical machine - no quill on
it though.

The doors are held with spring latches, that tend to break.
Hardinge still sells these latches inexpensively. The
4C collets you got are nearly worth 300 by themselves!

Jim

please reply to: