steamer

Default Generator time...

--Anyone got experience with Makita or Kubota generators? There's
one of each on sale at the local building supply and I'm tempted (read:
"desperate"!). The Makita's around 6kw, with electric start; Kubota's
maybe 5kw.
TIA,

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Om mane padme hum
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : when does the money come?
Harold & Susan Vordos

"steamer" wrote in message
--Anyone got experience with Makita or Kubota generators? There's
one of each on sale at the local building supply and I'm tempted (read:
"desperate"!). The Makita's around 6kw, with electric start; Kubota's
maybe 5kw.
TIA,

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Om mane padme hum
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : when does the money come?
http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

I own a 5kw Kubota, electric start. Has an 8 horse gas engine. It
started burning oil when we ran it in very hot temperatures while in
Arizona. Obviously collapsed the rings from over heating. Aside from
that, it has worked flawlessly. I'll eventually rebuild the engine, but for
now it sits idle, we're not traveling much. If you can buy it right, my
opinion is it's a good unit. The only other complaint I might have is
it's not dead silent, but that's a lot to expect from a unit without sound
deadening features.

Harold

Carl Byrns

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:42:47 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Anyone got experience with Makita or Kubota generators? There's
one of each on sale at the local building supply and I'm tempted (read:
"desperate"!). The Makita's around 6kw, with electric start; Kubota's
maybe 5kw.
TIA,

I sell Makita. They're repainted Robins.
As long as you are purchasing the 'contractor' grade genset, the
Makita/Robin is a good, but expensive, machine- it can be run right at
max output for hours- none of that 'reserve power' BS that some
'homeowner' grade gensets are rated at.

Don't know anything about Kubota gensets, but if the electrical
section is as good as the engine then it'll be a good machine.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

-Carl
lane

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"steamer" wrote in message
[...]

I have an old Onan. The thing just keeps chugging away. It must be 30 years
old. I love it.
Lane

Carl Byrns

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:41:25 -0800, "lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

I have an old Onan. The thing just keeps chugging away. It must be 30 years
old. I love it.
Lane

Hang on to it- the newer Onan's aren't anywheres near as good.

I have a Kohler Electric Plant from the 1960's- 2200 watts, 300 lbs.
Runs like new.

-Carl

Carl Byrns

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:07:49 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Never heard of Robins; are they considered above average?

Oh, yeah. AKA Wisconsin-Robin. Industrial strength stuff.
I apologize for the missing apostrophe.

-Carl
Carl Byrns

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:21:09 -0600, Jim Kovar
wrote:

In article ,
says...
I have a Kohler Electric Plant from the 1960's- 2200 watts, 300 lbs.
Runs like new.

-Carl

I have what may be a similiar unit. Water cooled, four banger, auto
start?

Jim Kovar
Vulcan, Mi

Nope- air cooled K181 single.