Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Generator time...

"steamer" wrote in message
--Anyone got experience with Makita or Kubota generators? There's
one of each on sale at the local building supply and I'm tempted (read:
"desperate"!). The Makita's around 6kw, with electric start; Kubota's
maybe 5kw.
TIA,

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Om mane padme hum
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : when does the money come?

I own a 5kw Kubota, electric start. Has an 8 horse gas engine. It
started burning oil when we ran it in very hot temperatures while in
Arizona. Obviously collapsed the rings from over heating. Aside from
that, it has worked flawlessly. I'll eventually rebuild the engine, but for
now it sits idle, we're not traveling much. If you can buy it right, my
opinion is it's a good unit. The only other complaint I might have is
it's not dead silent, but that's a lot to expect from a unit without sound
deadening features.

Harold