Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Too_Many_Tools

Default Wheels and Casters..Where Do You Find Them?

For many (if not most) of my tools, I have them (or will have them)
mobile.

This means being always on the lookout for wheels and casters.

Where do you find the ones that you use to make your tools, carts and
dollies mobile?

In the surplus market, where do you like to go buy your wheels and
casters?

An example....I am currently designing some carts for some welders
that I recently purchased. I am looking for LARGE (8-12") WIDE (2"+)
wheels to use. I also want these wheels to be nonpneumatic so the curse
of slowly leaking tires are a nonproblem. The only new wheels I see are
the punctureproof wheels for wheelbarrows...with a significant price to
match. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any suggestions.

TMT