Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default Miniature screw assortment?

Lately I seem to be wishing for itty-bitty screws. I googled around and
found suppliers and cool charts but it looks like $0.12 ea. in 100 qtys. for
one size. I have yet to find an assortment. I haven't found taps cheap
either. There's probably a big bunch of tips about handling miniatures and
just how are threaded holes measured? And do you use an ittsy- bittsy thread
gauge? ...and I have trouble with #4s...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 03:13:10 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Lately I seem to be wishing for itty-bitty screws. I googled around and
found suppliers and cool charts but it looks like $0.12 ea. in 100 qtys. for
one size. I have yet to find an assortment. I haven't found taps cheap
either. There's probably a big bunch of tips about handling miniatures and
just how are threaded holes measured? And do you use an ittsy- bittsy thread
gauge? ...and I have trouble with #4s...

Try http://www.microfasteners.com/catalog/products/AST.cfm

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , nospam says...

Lately I seem to be wishing for itty-bitty screws. I googled around and
found suppliers and cool charts but it looks like $0.12 ea. in 100 qtys. for
one size. I have yet to find an assortment. I haven't found taps cheap
either. There's probably a big bunch of tips about handling miniatures and
just how are threaded holes measured? And do you use an ittsy- bittsy thread
gauge? ...and I have trouble with #4s...

I think MSC sells taps down to 000-120 or thereabouts.

And no they're not cheap. And you won't find them at the
ace hardware store, either.

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch

Tom Gardner writes:

I have yet to find an assortment.

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T053/1569.pdf
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mj

Hey Tom,
I've been getting all of my brass screws from www.micromart.com. They
don't seem to be any cheaper than anywhere else. But they have screws
down to 00-90 (and the taps and dies). They don't have assortments
though.
Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bugs

Contact a watchmaker's supply. They have screws so small you need a
magnifier just to see them. I used to have a full set of watchmakers
taps & dies, but a so called friend borrowed them and moved away in the
night.
Bugs

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Malcolm Stewart

"mj" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Tom,
I've been getting all of my brass screws from www.micromart.com. They
don't seem to be any cheaper than anywhere else. But they have screws
down to 00-90 (and the taps and dies). They don't have assortments
though.
Mike

Are you sure? The url got me to a site selling greetings cards.

"Click pictures for more details
Christmas Selections "
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Perhaps me meant http://www.micromark.com.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Mulhollan

Should be www.micromark.com

Steve

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:43:22 -0000, "Malcolm Stewart"
wrote:

"mj" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hey Tom,
I've been getting all of my brass screws from www.micromart.com. They
don't seem to be any cheaper than anywhere else. But they have screws
down to 00-90 (and the taps and dies). They don't have assortments
though.
Mike

Are you sure? The url got me to a site selling greetings cards.

"Click pictures for more details
Christmas Selections "

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mj

Arrrrgh.
Yeah....I meant micromark.
sorry about that.
mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

http://www.micromark.com/ -

Number 4 - oh - 00's are on the web.
oops - oo-90 to 2-56 is there range.

You looking for 4-40 ? kinda standard to me.

Here is a company -
Glad I checked the web site - they moved!
Site shows what they have - in general - but has a send a question..
E-mail addresses below.

Tim Doyle President

NUTS TO YOU FASTENERS, INC.
42307 Osgood Road unit
Fremont, California 94539
Phone

(408) 956-0370 or (510) 824-0271
Fax: (510) 824-0276
Email

President:
Office Manager:

www.nutstoyoufasteners.com

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Tom Gardner wrote:
Lately I seem to be wishing for itty-bitty screws. I googled around and
found suppliers and cool charts but it looks like $0.12 ea. in 100 qtys. for
one size. I have yet to find an assortment. I haven't found taps cheap
either. There's probably a big bunch of tips about handling miniatures and
just how are threaded holes measured? And do you use an ittsy- bittsy thread
gauge? ...and I have trouble with #4s...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
http://www.micromark.com/ -

You looking for 4-40 ? kinda standard to me.

#4's are the smallest I stock, it's the real "itty-bittys" that I'm talking
about. #4's ARE getting smaller though, as my eyes deteriorate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Stauffer

J. Clarke wrote:
Malcolm Stewart wrote:

"mj" wrote in message
groups.com...

Hey Tom,
I've been getting all of my brass screws from www.micromart.com. They
don't seem to be any cheaper than anywhere else. But they have screws
down to 00-90 (and the taps and dies). They don't have assortments
though.
Mike

Are you sure? The url got me to a site selling greetings cards.

Perhaps me meant http://www.micromark.com.

I find a place called Micro Fasteners cheaper than Micro Mark.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Tom -
Are the #4's Wood or Machine ?
Hope you find what you are looking for.

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

#4's are the smallest I stock, it's the real "itty-bittys" that I'm talking
about. #4's ARE getting smaller though, as my eyes deteriorate.