Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TLG

Default FA: Grade 5 Titanium 6AL-4V ELI 2.250" dia x 12" round bar

Item# 7572581141 Auction ends Tuesday 20 December 2005.
Thanks - TLG

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--Dammit would it kill you to post dimensions here??

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

steamer wrote:

--Dammit would it kill you to post dimensions here??

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?
http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Hey Ed!

What part of the header did you misunderstand? The part where it says
2.250" x 12" ? :-)

Personally, I'd be pretty happy if the OP would get over his desire to
post each one of these damn things separately and just make like a
single post with a link to his list of auctions or some such.

I'm pretty certain that anyone that really cares will find the
auctions.

Cheers
Tevor Jones
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

Trevor Jones wrote:
What part of the header did you misunderstand? The part where it says
2.250" x 12" ? :-)

--Not visible in my shell.

Personally, I'd be pretty happy if the OP would get over his desire to
post each one of these damn things separately and just make like a
single post with a link to his list of auctions or some such.

--Yeah, then I might chase down the link...

I'm pretty certain that anyone that really cares will find the
auctions.

--Oh, I *care*; I just don't care *enough*, heh.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?
http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

According to steamer :
Trevor Jones wrote:
What part of the header did you misunderstand? The part where it says
2.250" x 12" ? :-)

--Not visible in my shell.

This is why any information in the "Subject: " header should be
duplicated in the body.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

steamer wrote:

--Not visible in my shell.

Ahhhhh!

I see.

Cheers
Trevor Jones
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Bergstrom

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to steamer :

Trevor Jones wrote:

What part of the header did you misunderstand? The part where it says
2.250" x 12" ? :-)

--Not visible in my shell.

This is why any information in the "Subject: " header should be
duplicated in the body.

No, it should *not* be duplicated in the body. Do you require that the
From: line be duplicated in the body? How about the send date? How about
Newsgroup:?

You need to fix or update your newsreading software. Usenet is composed
of semi-structured messages, with the Subject: information called out as
a useful standard construct, and it has been thus for well over a decade.

Pete
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

From: "DoN. Nichols"
To: Pete Bergstrom
Bcc:

On 2006/01/04 at 12:19:50PM -0600, Pete Bergstrom wrote:

Did you post this as well as send it?

Yes -- you did, so I'll use the saved copy of my reply to post.

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to steamer :

From: line be duplicated in the body? How about the send date? How about
Newsgroup:?

Those are used by the newsreader for composing replies.
Normally, you don't need to read them. Note that *all* are visible in
*my* newsreader, even though they are not in some (especially GUI-based)
newsreaders.

You need to fix or update your newsreading software.

1) There is nothing wrong with *my* newsreading software (trn,
FWIW) and I was not the one who could not see the headers while
reading the message. That was Trevor Jones, based on the
headers.

2) However -- there are many packages out there (as I suggested
above, usually GUI-based) which don't display the headers when
you are reading the article, and which display only the "From: "
and "Subject: " when offering the article from a list of unread
ones.

Usenet is composed
of semi-structured messages, with the Subject: information called out as
a useful standard construct, and it has been thus for well over a decade.

So -- get the vendors of the various newsreaders to allow the
"Subject: " line to be visible in *all* packages while reading the body.

Many people cannot see the information in the headers, as
evidenced by the complaint which triggered this, and by people
complaining that the location of a "for sale" item was not described
while it in reality was in the "Subject: " header.

To maximize communications, the information in the "Subject: "
header should be short (as many if not all newsreaders truncate long
lines at least in the article selection mode), and all *significant*
information should be duplicated in the body -- both to deal with the
newsreaders which do not display the headers while the body is being
read, and to deal with the problem that people often select articles
based on the "Subject: " line in large numbers, and then read their way
through, and often *forget* what a specific "Subject: " contained by the
time they are reading the body. And I know that *my* eyes usually skip
over the headers when I am reading the articles -- unless something
forces me to re-consider them, such as apparently missing information.

And really -- the poster *should* have posted a single article
with a "Subject: " something like "FA Misc sized titanium pieces", and
then listed all sizes and associated auction numbers in the body. (Plus
a short reminder that they were in an auction also in the body.)
Perhaps even a URL which does an eBay search on the vendor's name.

Now, I'll save this, in case I find the same thing in the
newsgroup when I get to it.

DoN.