Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Default Idea for Tom Gardner...

Random thought - How about putting together a special RCM home shop
brush assortment package so there is a one-stop package for us RCM guys
to order? It would make it easier for us to avoid the last minute runs
to Home Depot for some inferior imported products.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

"Pete C." wrote in message
Random thought - How about putting together a special RCM home shop
brush assortment package so there is a one-stop package for us RCM guys
to order? It would make it easier for us to avoid the last minute runs
to Home Depot for some inferior imported products.

Pete C.

Great minds think alike...I want to do an ebay store and feature kits and,
best of all, SECONDS!!! My seconds are a crack here and a missing tuft
there, or a knot in the wood, or a bit of rust. I sell them into the
asbestos removal industry but they are a spotty market.

I need suggestions as to what brushes and quantities make the freight
worthwhile.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This is a good plan, since brushes purchased as-needed can be
expensive.

I deal with this by purchsing brushes whenever I see them CHEAP, be it
flea markets or hardware store sales, closeouts, etc.

A site on Ebay would be great for this....buy 5 dozen brushes for $0.35
or so, per brush. I consider a 1" brush cheap if its priced between 25
and 49 cents. What do you people normally pay?

The quality of the brush must be such that I can use it also for a
quick touch-up job around the shop, garage, or yard, and then toss it.

Wolfgang

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:59:51 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
Random thought - How about putting together a special RCM home shop
brush assortment package so there is a one-stop package for us RCM guys
to order? It would make it easier for us to avoid the last minute runs
to Home Depot for some inferior imported products.

Pete C.

Great minds think alike...I want to do an ebay store and feature kits and,
best of all, SECONDS!!! My seconds are a crack here and a missing tuft
there, or a knot in the wood, or a bit of rust. I sell them into the
asbestos removal industry but they are a spotty market.

I need suggestions as to what brushes and quantities make the freight
worthwhile.

Cup brushes, stainless steel brushes for cleaning up aluminum when
welding (both small and medium sized), those marvelous chip brushes,
and fine derusting wire wheels for 6" grinders

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:10 -0800, wrote:

This is a good plan, since brushes purchased as-needed can be
expensive.

I deal with this by purchsing brushes whenever I see them CHEAP, be it
flea markets or hardware store sales, closeouts, etc.

A site on Ebay would be great for this....buy 5 dozen brushes for $0.35
or so, per brush. I consider a 1" brush cheap if its priced between 25
and 49 cents. What do you people normally pay?

The quality of the brush must be such that I can use it also for a
quick touch-up job around the shop, garage, or yard, and then toss it.

Wolfgang

If you were not aware..here is Tom's product line....

www.ohiobrush.com

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Gunner has been the first to join: "THE BRUSH OF THE MONTH CLUB".

You too can receive a new brush delivered to your door each and every month.
If you don't like the selection, you can return the postage due post card by
the 10th of the month.

If you would just like to try a new style of brush each month, sign up for:
"THE BRUSH SWAP CLUB". Gunner sends his brush to Harold, Harold to Grant,
Grant to Abrasha, Abrasha to Eric...and so on each month. This way you too
can SEE exactly what everyone is working on by the spooge they left on the
brush. I don't want ANY brush back from Proctologically ANYBODY...I don't
WANT to know what that brush has been doing!

wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
[...]

Sounds good, most every RCMer should have at least one 4.5" AG and a 6"
BG and something that needs chip brushes. Several sizes of hand brushes
in SS and probably also brass would be good.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Random thought - How about putting together a special RCM home shop
brush assortment package so there is a one-stop package for us RCM guys
to order? It would make it easier for us to avoid the last minute runs
to Home Depot for some inferior imported products.

Pete C.

Great minds think alike...I want to do an ebay store and feature kits and,
best of all, SECONDS!!! My seconds are a crack here and a missing tuft
there, or a knot in the wood, or a bit of rust. I sell them into the
asbestos removal industry but they are a spotty market.

I need suggestions as to what brushes and quantities make the freight
worthwhile.

Please don't just depend on e-bay. I, and I suspect others with dial-
up modems, could never find it. Sneak a small note in here. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick

Tom Gardner wrote:

I don't want ANY brush back from Proctologically ANYBODY...I don't
WANT to know what that brush has been doing!

Tom I about split a gut on that one. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

How about an Amazon or Yahoo store instead.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Tom Gardner wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message

Random thought - How about putting together a special RCM home shop
brush assortment package so there is a one-stop package for us RCM guys
to order? It would make it easier for us to avoid the last minute runs
to Home Depot for some inferior imported products.

Pete C.

Great minds think alike...I want to do an ebay store and feature kits and,
best of all, SECONDS!!! My seconds are a crack here and a missing tuft
there, or a knot in the wood, or a bit of rust. I sell them into the
asbestos removal industry but they are a spotty market.

I need suggestions as to what brushes and quantities make the freight
worthwhile.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Bergstrom

Tom Gardner wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message

Random thought - How about putting together a special RCM home shop
brush assortment package so there is a one-stop package for us RCM guys
to order? It would make it easier for us to avoid the last minute runs
to Home Depot for some inferior imported products.

Great minds think alike...I want to do an ebay store and feature kits and,
best of all, SECONDS!!! My seconds are a crack here and a missing tuft
there, or a knot in the wood, or a bit of rust. I sell them into the
asbestos removal industry but they are a spotty market.

I need suggestions as to what brushes and quantities make the freight
worthwhile.

How about a package for welding uses and another for milling/turning?
Around $40-50 worth of stuff ought to keep me going for a year or two
and slides pretty well under the purchase radar.

Pete
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:24:15 -0600, Pete Bergstrom
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message

Random thought - How about putting together a special RCM home shop
brush assortment package so there is a one-stop package for us RCM guys
to order? It would make it easier for us to avoid the last minute runs
to Home Depot for some inferior imported products.

Great minds think alike...I want to do an ebay store and feature kits and,
best of all, SECONDS!!! My seconds are a crack here and a missing tuft
there, or a knot in the wood, or a bit of rust. I sell them into the
asbestos removal industry but they are a spotty market.

I need suggestions as to what brushes and quantities make the freight
worthwhile.

How about a package for welding uses and another for milling/turning?
Around $40-50 worth of stuff ought to keep me going for a year or two
and slides pretty well under the purchase radar.

Pete

THAT is an excellent idea!