Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Will this work? VFD question. Silly.

Just wondering. I'm not gonna try it out. No sense in it. But here it
is: Three 240 volt single phase motors are wired together in delta,
the shafts are connected together in line, and the starting windings
are disconnected. If connected to a VFD, or any three phase source for
that matter, will they spin up? Will they maybe need to be rotated at
assembly 120 degrees to each other? I think it will work. Just idle
curiosity. We all know how dangerous that is.
Thanks,
Eric

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
Cross-trades work Martin Angove UK diy 14 June 24th 04 06:34 PM
Query: Legality of Electrical work Peter UK diy 36 May 23rd 04 12:13 AM
Running a 220 receptacle to garage [email protected] Woodworking 18 May 5th 04 06:49 PM
Another toolkit question Andrew McKay UK diy 32 July 15th 03 12:15 AM