Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Bezinque

Default DALLAS area electronics and mechanical surplus stores

Recently on this newsgroup, I saw a post for "Bay area electronic and
mechanical surplus stores."

I was wondering if anyone knows about the same type of stores in the
DALLAS area. There is a place called CDC in Richardson but that is
the only one I know of.

Thanks in Advance
David Bezinque
Plano, Texas
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
keith bowers

David Bezinque wrote:

Recently on this newsgroup, I saw a post for "Bay area electronic and
mechanical surplus stores."

I was wondering if anyone knows about the same type of stores in the
DALLAS area. There is a place called CDC in Richardson but that is
the only one I know of.

Thanks in Advance
David Bezinque
Plano, Texas

BG Micro in Garland has been known to have some interesting things.
http://www.bgmicro.com

--
Keith Bowers - Thomasville, NC
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Moore

I often wonder if the old surplus place on Maple (by the power station) is
still around. The largest "sale" is the "Saturday Sale" at Ross and Central
Exp. Now mostly computer equipment but still some mechanical and electronic
surplus. Bring a flashlight and get there at 4-5am for the best deals. E
me directly and I'll give you the name and number of a salvage dealer there.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"David Bezinque" wrote in message
Recently on this newsgroup, I saw a post for "Bay area electronic and
mechanical surplus stores."

I was wondering if anyone knows about the same type of stores in the
DALLAS area. There is a place called CDC in Richardson but that is
the only one I know of.

Thanks in Advance
David Bezinque
Plano, Texas

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Is that place still there ? wow! - I used to go there in the mid 60's and 70's.
There were places on the east side of 35 as it swung up around Dallas - another
not much west of there as well. Been to many years to hope they are alive.
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

David Bezinque wrote:
Recently on this newsgroup, I saw a post for "Bay area electronic and
mechanical surplus stores."

I was wondering if anyone knows about the same type of stores in the
DALLAS area. There is a place called CDC in Richardson but that is
the only one I know of.

Thanks in Advance
David Bezinque
Plano, Texas

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TheAndroid

Tanner's Electronics off of Valwood and 35E in Addison.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

I know that name also. I'll have to take a road trip someday and check out the old
haunts.

The place in an industrial park - west of 35 somewhere south of ?118? - is where I
bought the Clock chip and Red 7 segments (Monsanto) for a clock that is still running
today - 6' from me. The IC was one of the new things as was the 7 segment -
the store made a pcb and crossed their fingers. I think the supply is a little flaky,
but it runs just fine. Most IC's would crap out by now - but I suppose those transistors
are monsters !

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life