Ken Grunke

Default need a missile silo anyone?

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile silos,
a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF Titan
missile facility in Washington State.
Think I'll pass on this one, I'm short about 3,949,800 in expendable
cash right now.
What would you do with a setup like this?

Ken

JR North

Buy a really big pump....
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ken Grunke wrote:

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile silos,
a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF Titan
missile facility in Washington State.
Think I'll pass on this one, I'm short about 3,949,800 in expendable
cash right now.
What would you do with a setup like this?

Ken

Remove X to reply

Dependence is Vulnerability:

"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Gunner

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:18:15 -0800, JR North
wrote:

Buy a really big pump....
JR
Dweller in the cellar

The ground water is at 700 ft. This is probably one of the few silos
still dry.

Gunner

"No man shall be debarred the use of arms.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm those only who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants.
They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of crimes,
produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by
thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree."
- Thomas Jefferson
ATP

Ken Grunke wrote:

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile
silos, a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF
Titan missile facility in Washington State.
Think I'll pass on this one, I'm short about 3,949,800 in expendable
cash right now.
What would you do with a setup like this?

Ken

It does have the original 40 x 100 metal shop aboveground.

John Ings

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:58:34 -0600, Ken Grunke
wrote:

What would you do with a setup like this?

There are silos that were bought by companies that do really high
precision machining. The silos offer a highly stable environment that
can be temperature controlled. They are free of the minute vibrations
often caused by highway traffic because they are usually in fairly
remote locations and are of massive concrete construction.

But most of them do need a pump.

Statics

"Ken Grunke" wrote in message

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile silos,
a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF Titan
missile facility in Washington State.
Think I'll pass on this one, I'm short about 3,949,800 in expendable
cash right now.
What would you do with a setup like this?

Ken

There is a couple outside of Lincoln Nebraska that live in theirs, complete
with surveilance room to monitor everything...
They have turned it into a pretty respectable 'house' that the survivalist
in any of us would envy.

StaticsJason

Toolie002

Raise horses above ground, mushrooms below!

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile silos,
a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF Titan
missile facility in Washington State.

Tom

Ken Grunke wrote:

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile silos,
a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF Titan
missile facility in Washington State.
Think I'll pass on this one, I'm short about 3,949,800 in expendable
cash right now.
What would you do with a setup like this?

Must be boring??
Check his feedback, he's been buying concrete drill bits(well needed when
you live in a concrete house), Nintendo 64's, and Penthouse
magazines..............

Tom

GTO69RA4

How did the government keep the the wet ones dry, anyway? Pumps 24 hours a day?
Seems like you'd be discharging a huge amount of water.

Noticed the "ex" ventilation buildings mentioned in the auction. So you
asphyxiate in your new home?

GTO(John)

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile silos,

a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF Titan
missile facility in Washington State.
Think I'll pass on this one, I'm short about 3,949,800 in expendable
cash right now.
What would you do with a setup like this?

Ken

pyotr filipivich

A city wide blackout at Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:58:34 -0600 did not prevent Ken
Grunke from posting to rec.crafts.metalworking the
following:

16 large to huge underground buildings including a couple missile silos,
a 125' dia. dome with 70' ceiling, on 57 acres--a formar USAF Titan
missile facility in Washington State.
Think I'll pass on this one, I'm short about 3,949,800 in expendable
cash right now.
What would you do with a setup like this?

Think of it as the ultimate earth sheltered home.

W/o more details, I can't be any more specific.

--
pyotr filipivich
"We don't support "guns" ... the term "gun" gets in the way of

Dominick Fiumara

Hmm,
That would be a great place for the mother in law! Or you could
subdivide it, or make it a hippie commune or.......
--
Dominick Fiumare Email:
Facilities & Services Voice: 505-646-2529