Chris Wilson

Default Wire guage to diameter conversion formulae?

Are there any wire SWG to OD conversion formulae progs around, or even
the basic equation and I'll get my calculator out? Thanks!
--
Best regards,
Chris.
j.b. miller

here's one from googling 'wire gauge chart'

http://www.coasteltools.com/tech_wir...sion_chart.htm

Paul K. Dickman

As far as I know there is no simple conversion formula.
Wire and sheet gauges, for the most part, are based on things like length
per given weight or sometimes just a sequential numbering of holes in a draw
plate.

It seems confusing now, but probably made perfect sense when the standards
developed.

Paul K. Dickman

Chris Wilson wrote in message ...
Are there any wire SWG to OD conversion formulae progs around, or even
the basic equation and I'll get my calculator out? Thanks!
--
Best regards,
Chris.

Spehro Pefhany

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:54:39 -0000, the renowned Chris Wilson
wrote:

Are there any wire SWG to OD conversion formulae progs around, or even
the basic equation and I'll get my calculator out? Thanks!

This is the formula for AWG:

diameter = 0.0050*(92)^((36-AWG)/39)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Don Foreman

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:54:39 -0000, Chris Wilson
wrote:

Are there any wire SWG to OD conversion formulae progs around, or even
the basic equation and I'll get my calculator out? Thanks!

Free program download at
http://www.wiretron.com/free.html