Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe

Default tool for pinching the end of a steel rod?

Is there a tool that puts tremendous force on metal, like to pinch the
end of a steel rod so that it flattens out a little?

If it's well-known, I guess all I need is the name.

I would like to put the steel rod through a hole and then pinch the end
of the rod so that it does not come out of the hole.

I picked up a bolt cutter thinking it might compress the steel rod as
it cuts. But it actually stretched the end of the steel rod so that the
diameter was less after the part broke off. I guess a powerful enough
bolt cutter with a dull attachment on the end?

Thank you.

Tool Steel K Woodturning 32 June 28th 05 04:32 AM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. Draft 2 John Rumm UK diy 55 March 13th 05 01:27 AM
drive pin on R8 collets Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 50 July 9th 04 05:41 AM
"homemade" tool steel George Watson Metalworking 39 January 24th 04 12:06 AM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM