Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pressure gauge repair?

Does anyone know how to adjust mechanical pressure gauges? I tried to
fix one this morning and couldn't get the pointer to rest right at the
peg. I repeatedly moved the Bourdon tube carefully until the sector ran
off the pinion in the low-pressure direction, moved the pointer about
90 degrees backward, then let the sector re-engage. The zero would land
slightly on either side of the peg. This 30PSI gauge had been
over-pressured to possibly 50, so maybe I should have readjusted it by
squeezing the bent link that connects the tube and sector gear but I
want to ask before doing this. I don't have a puller for the hand.

TIA
Jim Wilkins