Rob

Default HELP: Removing Toolchest Drawer

I have an old Snap-On toolchest (bought it very used around 1980). It
has four full width drawers. One of the drawers won't close all the
way.

I know the drawers should be removeable, but I can't figure out how.
Can somebody explain how to get them out?

Rob

Wwj2110

Theres a slide on each side of the drawer & you can insert an appx 10" long
piece of 1/4" bandsaw blade on each side which will release a little goddamit &
in turn release your drawer.
Rob

It worked. Thanks.... The jammed drawer (jammed for quite a few years)
was a magnet stuck on the slide!

On 24 Nov 2003 03:57:32 GMT, (Wwj2110) wrote:

Theres a slide on each side of the drawer & you can insert an appx 10" long
piece of 1/4" bandsaw blade on each side which will release a little goddamit &
in turn release your drawer.

Stan Stocker

There is a flat piece of spring steel in the slides, it catches the
small stamped bosses on the slider to keep the drawer from coming out in
normal use. The tool chests came with a bent piece of spring steel you
slide in when the drawer is around an inch from hitting the boss, this
causes the sping steel finger that is rivitted in the slide to compress
and ride over the boss rather than catch on it. I think a four or five
inch length of steel strapping would work just as well.

Cheers,
Stan