Default BSP Thread data

Hi
i need a data sheet for all BSP threads till 2". i can only find it
till 1" on the internet. particularly, i need the drill size for 1 1/2"
BSP.

thanks in advance.

aliT

Christopher Tidy

Bushy Pete wrote:
"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

Hi
i need a data sheet for all BSP threads till 2". i can only find it
till 1" on the internet. particularly, i need the drill size for 1 1/2"
BSP.

thanks in advance.

aliT

The core diameter for a 1 1/2" BSPP thread is 1.7656", according to two
old books I have. If you need any other data just let me know. I have a
table which goes up to 18" BSPP which I could scan for you.

I thought about putting it on my website once, but never got round to it.

Chris

Wouldn't mind that as well, maybe it will just sit in the collection of old
data, as I currently use up to 3" on the farm, but it may be needed one
day... What about the drill sizes for 3/4"BSP and 1"BSP?

Pete

Here's the best table of BSPP data I have:

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/bspp_data.jpg

It's from "Fowler's Mechanics' and Machinists' Pocket Book 1942". Some
of the numbers are a bit fuzzy, but you should be able to figure out
what they are. If not let me know and I'll check the original.

Best wishes,

Chris