Default Which Mill...Taig or Mini-Mill

I'm in the market for a small milling machine and have narrowed it down
to either one of the import mini-mills w/ R8 spindle or the Taig.
I like the the R8 spindle but the Taig sure does look nice.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Jim

Richard

The Taig is an excellent little machine that will probably run right
out of the box with little work. The import mini mills can be made to
work very well, but several hours of work and possibly some re
machining will be needed. Final result is going to depend on the
person that owns it and how much time and care you're willing to spend
making sure it's right. Initial setup of any machine determines how
well they work. There are price differences, and reasons for those
differences.

On 26 Oct 2005 07:40:58 -0700, wrote:

I'm in the market for a small milling machine and have narrowed it down
to either one of the import mini-mills w/ R8 spindle or the Taig.
I like the the R8 spindle but the Taig sure does look nice.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Jim

Rex B

I have no experience with the Taig. I recently bought the Homier minmill
for $339. It's a good machine for the money.
Both have lots of online support. I think the Taig is quite a bit
more expensive, probably less common.
- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive