ilaboo

Default cut off disk shaft ?

i havee a very powerful hand grinder with 1/4 " collett--i want to use a
cutoff disk 3" in diameter--it has a 1/4" hole--where can i get the
correct shaft etc to do this and what should i ask for?

tia
peter
RAM^3

"ilaboo" wrote in message
hlink.net...
i havee a very powerful hand grinder with 1/4 " collett--i want to use a
cutoff disk 3" in diameter--it has a 1/4" hole--where can i get the correct
shaft etc to do this and what should i ask for?

tia
peter

I got mine at a NAPA auto parts store but they should be available wherever
pneumatic tools are sold.

Leo Lichtman

"ilaboo" wrote: i havee a very powerful hand grinder with 1/4 " collett--i
want to use a cutoff disk 3" in diameter (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I guess you're talking about a toolroom grinder. ^They generally don't have
a guard, so be sure to wear eye protection. Those thin cutoff wheels break
easily.

carl mciver

"ilaboo" wrote in message
hlink.net...
| i havee a very powerful hand grinder with 1/4 " collett--i want to use a
| cutoff disk 3" in diameter--it has a 1/4" hole--where can i get the
| correct shaft etc to do this and what should i ask for?
|
| tia
| peter

Call it what you already have. They'll understand; it's not like we all
use the same title for the same thing. I usually call them cutoff wheels,
and call the shaft a cutoff wheel shaft. Be sure to specify what shaft size
the collet is as well as the wheel hole size, there's a couple different
sizes, although I'm starting to think that there's some sort of relation to
the max speed and the hole size, but never looked into it.

Don Foreman

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:16:17 GMT, ilaboo wrote:

i havee a very powerful hand grinder with 1/4 " collett--i want to use a
cutoff disk 3" in diameter--it has a 1/4" hole--where can i get the
correct shaft etc to do this and what should i ask for?

tia
peter

Surgical supply house ... who else would grind hands?
(ducking...)

Ask for a mandrel with 1/4" shaft that will mount wheels with 1/4"
holes. You might also want to get one that fit the more
readily-available 3" wheels with 3/8" holes.

If you have a friend with a lathe, it only takes about 15 minutes to
make something like that. All of my various mandrels are shop-made.

Tom Wait

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:16:17 GMT, ilaboo wrote:

i havee a very powerful hand grinder with 1/4 " collett--i want to use a
cutoff disk 3" in diameter--it has a 1/4" hole--where can i get the
correct shaft etc to do this and what should i ask for?

Be sure the wheels you use are rated for the RPM rating of the grinder. I
have some wheels rated for 15,000 RPM and a MET grinder that turns 25,000. I
keep these on opposite sides of the shop.
Tom
tia
peter

Surgical supply house ... who else would grind hands?
(ducking...)

I've done it on occasion. got the scars to prove it.

B.B.

In article k.net,
ilaboo wrote:

i havee a very powerful hand grinder with 1/4 " collett--i want to use a
cutoff disk 3" in diameter--it has a 1/4" hole--where can i get the
correct shaft etc to do this and what should i ask for?

tia
peter

The packages I see are usually labeled "Cutting wheel arbor 1/4in" or
something like that.

Adding A Bit More To My Recent Post Re Weed Wackers/Line Trimmers Robert11 Home Repair 6 June 14th 05 07:53 PM
Straightening Singer Featherweight bobbin shaft Jason Metalworking 11 April 6th 05 07:02 PM
OT - 386 code Cliff Metalworking 40 January 24th 05 05:47 AM
ideas for making small disk Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 27 December 8th 04 11:31 PM