Default How to make a sculpture out of coins...? part2

After posting here and receiving loads of usefull info i'm at it again
asking for more info about silver soldering.

The project i'm working on involves making a pair of lifesize hands out
of euro coins. I initally was going to cast straight to bronze as this
is just a small part of another sculpture which is made of wood....but
now i'm going to try this.

So far i'm thinking of making the fingers out of cylinders of coins
drilled and threaded with wire and soldered together. These will attach
and extend to the flat hand part which will be filled in and then on to
the wrist which will be made from two cylinders.

So I'll have five wires with coins threaded on going to 2 wires for
wrist.

After advice from previous post i think i will silver solder the coins
together. I have 6 months experience as a jewler so am no a complete
newbie but am quite rusty.

Heres my list of Whats...?

What to fill in the big gaps with...maybe some metal poxy....?

What silver solder torch...? I think it should be bigger than the small
pen ones as the end sculpture will be quite big and will need loads of
heat.....am i right there...?

What type of silver solder....flat plate, wire...? what
strength....hard i suppose....?

What wire for wireframe structure....?

Many thanks to all who helped me out so far....

Hank

How about soft wire and small springs. The sculpture could then be shaped
into endless configurations.

"Rex B" wrote in message

What to fill in the big gaps with...maybe some metal poxy....?

Coins, cut to fit

What wire for wireframe structure....?

Piano wire from the hobby shop - 3-ft lengths, stiff, yet bendable,
takes solder well.

Tim Williams

"Rex B" wrote in message
Piano wire from the hobby shop - 3-ft lengths, stiff, yet bendable,
takes solder well.

Go with coat hangers- needs to be cleaned up before it'll solder, but it's a
lot softer than hard-assed piano wire of the same dimensions.

If you just want a flimsy, thin armature, light gauge piano wire would be
the way to go.

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.