Alex

Default Flexible spark resistant duct collecting ducts

I am looking for 4" flexible spark resistant ducts to collect dust from
my 2"x72" belt grinder.

I could use aluminum ducts but my dust collector is mobile and I am
going to move it every time I use my grinder and aluminum duct will
eventually break.

In Home Depot I found some 4" plastic flexible ducts for cloth dryer
but they are "heat resistant" not spark resistant.

Any useful info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Fred

In Home Depot I found some 4" plastic flexible ducts for cloth dryer
but they are "heat resistant" not spark resistant.

They also have the 4" flexible aluminum ducts.

Brian Lawson

On 17 Oct 2005 10:24:02 -0700, "Alex" wrote:

I am looking for 4" flexible spark resistant ducts to collect dust from
my 2"x72" belt grinder.

I could use aluminum ducts but my dust collector is mobile and I am
going to move it every time I use my grinder and aluminum duct will
eventually break.

In Home Depot I found some 4" plastic flexible ducts for cloth dryer
but they are "heat resistant" not spark resistant.

Any useful info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hey Alex,

Have a look at :

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/sceet.php

Very flexible stuff.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Grant Erwin

I recently researched this and found no cheap solution. The cheapest expensive
solution I found was flexible truck exhaust pipe, which you can get in
galvanized or stainless.

I'm currently using very light gage aluminum dryer ducting from Home Depot for
my welding fume extractor. It works, and is very cheap. You could think of it as
disposable, i.e. when you move it if it tears you spend another four bucks or
whatever.

GWE

Duct Sizing Steve Groulx Home Repair 11 October 12th 05 11:11 PM
Replace flex duct with rigid duct? [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 23rd 05 10:37 PM
hello and a question about water/moisture in ducts anita Home Repair 9 April 8th 05 06:53 PM
AC ducts in attic accumulate water in winter David Home Repair 9 October 20th 04 09:42 PM
Duct tape on HVAC ducts JaKe Home Repair 3 September 10th 04 02:01 AM