JaKe

Default Duct tape on HVAC ducts

OK, I realized that some idiot used regular old duct tape to install an
entire flexible heat ducting on my house. Needless to say, these
"joints" hace crumbled and fallen apart over time. I'd like to have
this all replaced (removing the duct tape) done right, probably by a
contractor or by myself.

My questions a

1) How can I do it myself?
2) Would a contractor even do a small job like this?
3) What tape can I use to hold these flexible ducts to the ridgid steel
sections?

Thanks!

--
JaKe, Seattle
"If you can read this thank a teacher.
SQLit

"JaKe" wrote in message
OK, I realized that some idiot used regular old duct tape to install an
entire flexible heat ducting on my house. Needless to say, these
"joints" hace crumbled and fallen apart over time. I'd like to have
this all replaced (removing the duct tape) done right, probably by a
contractor or by myself.

My questions a

1) How can I do it myself?
2) Would a contractor even do a small job like this?
3) What tape can I use to hold these flexible ducts to the ridgid steel
sections?

Thanks!

--
JaKe, Seattle
"If you can read this thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in English
thank a veteran."

They are still using duct tape on joints today. I prefer the metal tape
lasts longer in the heat for me. Cleaning the joints before applying would
not hurt.

The inside part is held by an large ty-wrap the out side by the duct tape.

---

Phisherman

There is metal adhesive tape made specifically for ductwork. Use
rivets or sheet metal screws to hold the pieces together, and the
metallic tape to seal the seams.

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:43:33 GMT, JaKe wrote:

OK, I realized that some idiot used regular old duct tape to install an
entire flexible heat ducting on my house. Needless to say, these
"joints" hace crumbled and fallen apart over time. I'd like to have
this all replaced (removing the duct tape) done right, probably by a
contractor or by myself.

My questions a

1) How can I do it myself?
2) Would a contractor even do a small job like this?
3) What tape can I use to hold these flexible ducts to the ridgid steel
sections?

Thanks!

wayne

there should be a giant hose clamp or tie wrap holding the duct on. The tape
was just there to stop any small air leaks. Foil tape should work fin just
clean up any loose old tape. You can also get duct sealant that is like
mastic that you brush on.

http://mp.apogee.net/res/rehdmat.asp

A 10.5 oz tube is less than 5 bucks

http://amconservationgroup.com/catal...d=246&pgid=222