David Heidary

Default Question on Mini Lathe (7x10) Spindle

I am new at this. So, sorry if the question sounds retarded. I have a
Harbor Freight 7x10 mini lathe. The inside of the spindle tail is
threaded (Metric most likely). Does anyone know the thread size on
this. I do not know how to measure thread sizes. Thanks.

David H.
Richard J Kinch

David Heidary writes:

Does anyone know the thread size on
this. I do not know how to measure thread sizes.

A better question would be how to measure thread sizes.
Carl Hoffmeyer

David,

If the threaded section is close to the end of the spindle, you
should be able to measure it yourself. Get yourself a set
of vernier slide calibres (a must-have if you plan to do much
machining), and metric and English thread gauges (available
in many hardware stores). Having an eye loop will probably
help (whoops! showing my age there !).

Practice measuring both inside and outside threads until you
get reliable, repeatable results. Check some books on machine
shop practise - available in your library.

Good luck.
- Carl

om...