Alex

Default Dust collector from HarborFreigh

Anyone has a dust collector from HarborFreigh ITEM 94029-0VGA?

Is it any good?

Thanks.

Koz

Alex wrote:

Anyone has a dust collector from HarborFreigh ITEM 94029-0VGA?

Is it any good?

Thanks.

I use an older model for plastic cutting (and it was a heck of a lot
cheaper in cost). It has pretty good suction but the bag is a pain in
the arse to empty. Also, the vibration tends to cause the wheels to
work loose as well as every other screw on the thing.

There are also plastic screens on the intake and outfeed..if your "dust"
is long like splinters or plastic shavings, these almost instantly clog.
I removed em. Haven't had a problem yet sucking a bigger piece through
the plastic impeller but I'm still waiting for the time I suck up a 1/2"
nut.

As far as getting the job done (at least with the older model), it's not
too bad. Check Lowes also. They had a similar model for about the same
price as horrible freight at one time (and even cheaper with some sort
of sale in the past..clearance?)

Koz

Siggy

I don't have that one but I do have the 2hp 45378, which is on sale on the
website for $159 right now. I have been very happy with this one. It has
plenty of power and is far quieter than the 1.5 hp Jet that Woodcraft sells.
If you have the room, save the $50 and get the bigger unit.

Robert

"Alex" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone has a dust collector from HarborFreigh ITEM 94029-0VGA?

Is it any good?

Thanks.

Greg O

"Siggy" wrote in message
. ..
I don't have that one but I do have the 2hp 45378, which is on sale on the
website for $159 right now. I have been very happy with this one. It has
plenty of power and is far quieter than the 1.5 hp Jet that Woodcraft
sells. If you have the room, save the $50 and get the bigger unit.

Yep, I have the "2 HP" dust collector too. Good unit for the price.
Greg

BillP

Alex wrote:
Anyone has a dust collector from HarborFreigh ITEM 94029-0VGA?

Is it any good?

Thanks.

I, too, have the little one. Good unit for sawdust, but little else if
larger chips are involved. They can plug up the screen just before the
impeller.
with the 2HP on sale for nearly what I paid for the little one, I see
the 2hp in my shop this next week!! (Thanks, Siggy!!)

Bill in phx

Larry Jaques

On 11 Oct 2005 15:31:31 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Alex"
quickly quoth:

Anyone has a dust collector from HarborFreigh ITEM 94029-0VGA?

Is it any good?

This is a much better deal for a very good DC:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...mnumber=G1029Z
2.5 micron filter bags vs. the 30+ micron HF standard bags.

* Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy
* --Noah * http://www.diversify.com
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:03:10 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
BillP quickly quoth:

Alex wrote:
Anyone has a dust collector from HarborFreigh ITEM 94029-0VGA?

Is it any good?

Thanks.

I, too, have the little one. Good unit for sawdust, but little else if
larger chips are involved. They can plug up the screen just before the
impeller.
with the 2HP on sale for nearly what I paid for the little one, I see
the 2hp in my shop this next week!! (Thanks, Siggy!!)

My Griz 1029 came with a cyclone lid for a galv trash can which
takes out the big chunks prior to the impeller. You want one.