D Murphy

Default CNC on the cheap

With a box of Legos you too can mill your own toast.

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/bedrtl1.mov

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/index.html

--

Dan

Nick Müller

D Murphy wrote:

With a box of Legos you too can mill your own toast.

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/bedrtl1.mov

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/index.html

Very interesting. Especialy following the second URLs first link (got
that? :-))

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
D Murphy

(Nick Müller) wrote in news:1h45y6y.wa4duocz0r0kN%
:

D Murphy wrote:

With a box of Legos you too can mill your own toast.

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/bedrtl1.mov

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/index.html

Very interesting. Especialy following the second URLs first link (got
that? :-))

Yup the "orthoglide". My kid is old enough so that when he was of the Lego
age, Legos didn't have electric motors and the like. I wonder how it's
programmed?

--

Dan

Nick Müller

D Murphy wrote:

My kid is old enough so that when he was of the Lego
age, Legos didn't have electric motors and the like. I wonder how it's
programmed?

With software? I know this answer is stupid, but what did you want to
hear? There was a link (somewhere one the page I mentioned) that
describes the math behind it (I didn't read, but I bookmarked the page).
This is a software-approach. Make the mechanics simple, stiff and
flexible (no contradiction here!). Solve all the other problems
(kinematics) with software. No problem at all nowadays.

BTW:
Do you have Fischer Technik (in the USA)? The pictures you made would
suggest to make the mechanics with Fischer Technik (the ones that make
the plastic dovels). It's more like Lego on steroids for us mechanics.

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
nerve912

Default Design

With a box of Legos you too can mill your own toast.

Very funky i love it. ?

Case against cheap machinery no spam Woodworking 3 January 31st 05 06:44 AM
Cheap laser line for tiling ? Andy Dingley UK diy 10 January 25th 05 02:19 PM
Cheap Air Tools Setup? Michael Dombrowski Woodworking 6 January 23rd 05 06:15 AM
Cheap drills Simon Pleasants UK diy 11 June 22nd 04 12:17 AM
Cheap tools?? Howard Woodworking 32 November 17th 03 10:10 PM