wallster

Default sold my tig welder yesterday

I was having some "financial difficulties" so i decided to pay off some
stuff. I sold our 2005 vehicle and replaced it with a 2001 vehicle (a
$210. a month savings!). I had my home phone number ported to my cell
phone and had the landline turned off (a $55. a month savings), and my
beloved miller tig welder got sold ($1500. cash).
The only good thing about the sale was not only can i pay off a few
bills, the new owner turned out to be a hell of a nice guy.
He's retiring soon and decided to go into his own business, building
custom motorcycles. He had been doing this on a small scale for a few
years but decided he was going to dive right in. After about an hour of
metalworking and motorcycle talk he gave me what i was asking for the
machine (no dickering... the ad said firm), and he also offered to let
me use it at his shop if i needed.
I really don't feel so bad about it going now. I lost a welder, but
gained another friend with the same interests.
You metal guys are an interesting bunch!

walt
ps. I redesigned my site, so if you're bored, drop in and wander
around! http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com

AL

That's right, it will be an opportunity to upgrade.

"Waynemak" wrote in message
Once you get back going another welder will find you.
"wallster" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Stryco blade welder Jim Levie Metalworking 18 December 17th 04 08:54 PM
newbie has a welder Mark Metalworking 20 November 10th 03 11:18 PM
Bobcat or other gasoline powered welder? Thomas Kendrick Metalworking 3 October 9th 03 02:03 PM
Garage welder wiring questions Tom Kendrick Metalworking 1 September 26th 03 12:56 AM
Wiring my new 220 stick welder in my shop Bruce Metalworking 8 July 20th 03 04:16 AM