SteveB

Default ????????

Anyone have anything to post about metalworking?

Steve

*

We're thinking of starting a newsgroup labeled "rec.crafts.political.BS" in
hopes it will turn into a newsgroup containing mostly metalworking
content....

SteveB wrote in article
HYBWe.80011$DW1.24993@fed1read06...
Anyone have anything to post about metalworking?

Steve

SteveB

"*" wrote in message

We're thinking of starting a newsgroup labeled "rec.crafts.political.BS"
in
hopes it will turn into a newsgroup containing mostly metalworking
content....

SteveB wrote in article
HYBWe.80011$DW1.24993@fed1read06...
Anyone have anything to post about metalworking?

Steve

Well, where do I sign up?

Steve

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:58:33 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

Anyone have anything to post about metalworking?

Why didn't you when you had the chance, hmmm?

I picked up some 1/2" square tubing a short while back and
need to cut and arc-weld some together. I have a little HF
132amp ac/dc welder and some 3/32" 7018 and 1/8" 6011 rod.
What settings should I use to join the 45°-cut tubing at 90°?

(Will that do?)

--
The ancient and curious thing called religion, as it shows itself in the
modern world, is often so overladen with excrescences and irrelevancies
Abrasha

SteveB wrote:
"*" wrote in message

We're thinking of starting a newsgroup labeled "rec.crafts.political.BS"
in
hopes it will turn into a newsgroup containing mostly metalworking
content....

SteveB wrote in article
HYBWe.80011$DW1.24993@fed1read06...

Anyone have anything to post about metalworking?

Steve

Well, where do I sign up?

Steve

http://groups.google.com/ Click on "Start new groups"

But knowing you, you were only bluffing.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Gunner Asch

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:15:32 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:58:33 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

Anyone have anything to post about metalworking?

Why didn't you when you had the chance, hmmm?

I picked up some 1/2" square tubing a short while back and
need to cut and arc-weld some together. I have a little HF
132amp ac/dc welder and some 3/32" 7018 and 1/8" 6011 rod.
What settings should I use to join the 45°-cut tubing at 90°?

(Will that do?)

the 3/32 at about 35 amps. AC would be cool, as you wont have as much
arc blow in the inside corner.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gunner Asch

wrote:
I picked up some 1/2" square tubing a short while back and
need to cut and arc-weld some together. I have a little HF
132amp ac/dc welder and some 3/32" 7018 and 1/8" 6011 rod.
What settings should I use to join the 45°-cut tubing at 90°?

the 3/32 at about 35 amps. AC would be cool, as you wont have as much
arc blow in the inside corner.

Danke.

Wire feed or tig would be prettier..shrug. Ive made a ton of window
bars using 1/2" tubing and 3/32 rod

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:00:35 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

Wire feed or tig would be prettier..shrug. Ive made a ton of window
bars using 1/2" tubing and 3/32 rod

I'll trade a nearly new HF stick welder for a nice little TIG and some
gas.

Gunner Asch

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:44:40 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:00:35 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

Wire feed or tig would be prettier..shrug. Ive made a ton of window
bars using 1/2" tubing and 3/32 rod

I'll trade a nearly new HF stick welder for a nice little TIG and some
gas.

I think I know where there is a Miller Dialarc 250 HF for a $100 bill.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:41:41 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

wrote:

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:00:35 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

Wire feed or tig would be prettier..shrug. Ive made a ton of window
bars using 1/2" tubing and 3/32 rod

I'll trade a nearly new HF stick welder for a nice little TIG and some
gas.

I think I know where there is a Miller Dialarc 250 HF for a $100 bill.

??? isn't that a stick welder, or is the HF an attachment for TIG? But
that's about $200 too steep for me at the moment. One client is making
payments to me and I have no idea when she'll come through with the
last $600. Another is $1,000 short and two others are paying ITEX
barter bucks. sigh Well, at least I'm busy. g

- Metaphors Be With You -
http://diversify.com Web Application Programming