Michelle P

Default Relay and Contactor based GENSET BACKFEED PREVENTER?

If your house is insured it will be void if you install the device. The
insurance companies frown on anything that is not UL approved.
Michelle

Vaughn

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
If your house is insured it will be void if you install the device. The
insurance companies frown on anything that is not UL approved.

Could you give us a reference please? What other things might I do that
will void my home insurance? Can you give us a specific case where someone lost
their home and then had the insurance company refuse to pay because a non-UL
device was installed somewhere in the house?

Thanks
Vaughn

Michelle

Steve Spence

Incorrect. If the loss was due to the non-compliant device, then you may
have a problem collecting. If the loss was due to something else, the
insurance company must cough up.

Steve Spence
Dir., Green Trust, http://www.green-trust.org
Contributing Editor, http://www.off-grid.net
http://www.rebelwolf.com/essn.html

Michelle P wrote:
If your house is insured it will be void if you install the device. The
insurance companies frown on anything that is not UL approved.
Michelle

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:16:00 GMT, "Vaughn"
wrote:

"Michelle P" wrote in message
link.net...
If your house is insured it will be void if you install the device. The
insurance companies frown on anything that is not UL approved.

Could you give us a reference please? What other things might I do that
will void my home insurance? Can you give us a specific case where someone lost
their home and then had the insurance company refuse to pay because a non-UL
device was installed somewhere in the house?

Thanks
Vaughn

Michelle

Ignoramus25850 wrote:

Well, insurance companies are getting EXTREMELY adverse to risk. Many
will not insure a building with aluminum wiring unless it has ALL
DEVICES either replaced with COALR devices or every connection
pigtailed to copper with a certified device - and an inspection to
prove it. Any Knob and tube left in the house and they won't touch it.
A wood stove that is not certified? No insurance. Not installed to
code? No insurance. Many other conditions as well. I'm not an
insurance agent, nor do I play one on TV, but I AM the IT guy for a
pretty big brokerage.

Coverage HAS been denied. One of the stickiest players in Canada is
ING - and they own half the business.

Vaughn

wrote:

Any Knob and tube left in the house and they won't touch it.

Then it must depend on the area. I had a family member insure a home with
knob & tube just last week. From a fire standpoint, knob & tube is perfectly
safe. The main problem with K&T is lack of a ground conductor, and lots of
homes still have that problem.

Coverage HAS been denied. One of the stickiest players in Canada is
ING - and they own half the business.

My question was about claim denial, not coverage, but thanks for the info.

Vaughn