Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Karl Townsend

Default VFD idle power use

I have an apple packing line that runs on three phase. It has four 3/4 hp.
motors and a hoist (1/2 hp) I leave the three phase ilder on 12 hours a day
seven days a week. I'm trying to trim my $600 monthly fall electric bill.
(mostly 5hp cooler) I get 7 amps usage while none of the packing line is
running. It would be nice to get rid of the motor hum also.

My question, would a VFD work well to provide three phase for this packing
line. Is standby power usage on a VFD near 0? I'd have to bring motors in
with the existing control logic and wire VFD so it always powers the output
legs.

Karl