Jim Stewart

Default Latching mechanism with 3 balls and cone

I'm working on a project and I need some form
of coaxial latch mechanism. I've seen something
with 3 steel balls and a cone and sleeve that
might work, but I don't know what it's proper
name is or where I can find a picture of it.

If it's any help, I think H&K builds a weapon
that latches the bolt with a similar mechanism.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Hinz

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:57:52 -0700, Jim Stewart wrote:
I'm working on a project and I need some form
of coaxial latch mechanism. I've seen something
with 3 steel balls and a cone and sleeve that
might work, but I don't know what it's proper
name is or where I can find a picture of it.

It's common in guns, typcally for sling swivel mechanisms.

If it's any help, I think H&K builds a weapon
that latches the bolt with a similar mechanism.

I wouldn't be surprised. H&K make some beautiful things.

A google search term of "sling swivel" looks very promising, especially
"quick detachable". Maybe you can find a cross-section, or a source for
purchase that way.

Dave Hinz

Nick Müller

Jim Stewart wrote:

If it's any help, I think H&K builds a weapon
that latches the bolt with a similar mechanism.

I think that were two balls. At least at the G3 that I had for 15 months

Sorry, I know exactly what you want, but cant point your nose on it.

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models:
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

Rex B

Sounds like an air coupler to me.

- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

Jim Stewart wrote:
I'm working on a project and I need some form
of coaxial latch mechanism. I've seen something
with 3 steel balls and a cone and sleeve that
might work, but I don't know what it's proper
name is or where I can find a picture of it.

If it's any help, I think H&K builds a weapon
that latches the bolt with a similar mechanism.

Any help would be appreciated.

trevor jones

Jim Stewart wrote:
I'm working on a project and I need some form
of coaxial latch mechanism. I've seen something
with 3 steel balls and a cone and sleeve that
might work, but I don't know what it's proper
name is or where I can find a picture of it.

If it's any help, I think H&K builds a weapon
that latches the bolt with a similar mechanism.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try Googling for PIP Pins.

Used a lot on aircraft.

http://www.prifast.co.uk/release_pins.htm

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Newshound

Across the pond we use them a lot on our gas-cooled nuclear power stations;
generally called ball-latches or ball-locks. Always in custom plant though.