bob

Default Maxstar 150 ST welder

Ive been reading good things about the maxstar 150 on the net but
before I dig into my wallet to buy one I really need to know a few
crucial things.

Mainly will this burn 6011 rod ok? i heard it had problems with 6010. I
dont need to use 6010 for anything. 6011 is the rod i use all the time
and it must be happy using 6011.

Second. Will it work ok with 308L or 316 stainless electrodes?

bob, the happy hobby welder.

Andrew H. Wakefield

I have not used one personally, but over on sci.engr.joining.welding this
unit has a great rep. Where did you hear about problems with 6010? Ernie
(the welding guru says it is the only welder that can run on 110v and
still burn 6010 and 7018 with no problems. I would think it would do equally
well with 6011, but haven't heard that specifically addressed.

HTH,

Andy

oups.com...