Waynemak

Default icked up a small power brake today, other machines in shop.

I stopped by a company getting rid of old machines, he had some lathes 14"
the smallest, the 14"/20" gap bed lathe is a clover looked well used but a
solid machine not sure what he would take. He has a well used bridgeport j
head that if he gets $200 he might bite. Some real big old welders, all 3
phase 400 amp or so mig and an old P&G tig. A few other larger lathes all
going for scrap rate. He is in Norwalk Connecticut, his add was on craigs
list.

He gave me a 18" power brake, not to big but it must be about 800 pounds,
not even sure why I brought it home but I spent some time going there and
the gas was burned so I had to come home with something. It will need one
gear but its a standard boston gear, not to bad to get at to fix.
I will post pictures to my late tonight.
www.motherearthrecycling.net/brake/brake.htm

The ford tractor sure come in handy getting these things out of the truck.

here is his add

Modernizing a metalworking shop with lots of working '40s and '50s millers,
lathes, brakes, welders. Three surplus Bridgeport mills, several HD drill
presses, Clover, Clausing, AFN, Willcox and Gibbs lathes. 24" rotary tables.
HD MIG and Tig systems. Antique P&W jig borer, antique 48" lathe. Prices
start at 2X scrap. Everything powered up. Also some materials. You move,
certified riggers only. Can send jpegs

Power Supply Repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
retrofitting an ATX psupply into a microATX psupply box - won't power dave Electronics Repair 0 March 23rd 05 03:23 PM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
RCA TV CTC169 (BG5) F35750ST Wont come out of standby - Ticking sound when Power button is pressed Electronics Repair 0 September 25th 03 06:25 PM
Making Small Machines Absinthe Woodworking 16 August 29th 03 02:26 PM