Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Marty Escarcega

Default WTD: Clausing 5900 Series Info

Looking for some info on the later model 5900 series lathes. (blue base and
gray lathe) Specifically the 5904. What is the internal spindle taper? This
one has the hydraulic variable speed mechanism. I understand there are
parts prone to wear and expensive damage if not caught. What should one
look for? Also would like to know the length of the 5C drawbar should I
happen across one. Any other thoughts appreciated.

If anyone runs across a clunker that has some of its accessories, I'd be
interested in a Steady Rest, 5C collet closer and Follower rest. I have
heard of some adapting a Southbend 13" Steady fairly easily to them.
Thanks
Marty