Rick

Default Bending handbook was:tight radius bends in conduit

"Copper and Brass Pipe and Tube Bending Handbook", by the Copper and
Brass Research Association

Sixth Edition-1954

Scanned in JPG and posted here

http://home.tir.com/~artemus/Bending%20Tube/

Grant Erwin

Rick wrote:
"Copper and Brass Pipe and Tube Bending Handbook", by the Copper and
Brass Research Association

Sixth Edition-1954

Scanned in JPG and posted here

http://home.tir.com/~artemus/Bending%20Tube/

Always wondered how tubes were bent using mandrels - fascinating! Thanks!

I may play with resizing those images, saving them as PDF, and combining them
into a single document, simply because one doc is easier to read and navigate
than a bunch of jpegs. If I do (probably "when I do") do you want me to make it
available or would you rather I sent it to you to let you make it available?

GWE

Don Foreman

Grant Erwin wrote:

Rick wrote:

"Copper and Brass Pipe and Tube Bending Handbook", by the Copper and
Brass Research Association

Sixth Edition-1954

Scanned in JPG and posted here

http://home.tir.com/~artemus/Bending%20Tube/

Always wondered how tubes were bent using mandrels - fascinating! Thanks!

I may play with resizing those images, saving them as PDF, and combining
them into a single document, simply because one doc is easier to read
and navigate than a bunch of jpegs. If I do (probably "when I do") do
you want me to make it available or would you rather I sent it to you to
let you make it available?

GWE

It makes about a 6 meg PDF file.

Rick

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Rick wrote:
"Copper and Brass Pipe and Tube Bending Handbook", by the Copper

and
Brass Research Association

Sixth Edition-1954

Scanned in JPG and posted here

http://home.tir.com/~artemus/Bending%20Tube/

Always wondered how tubes were bent using mandrels - fascinating!

Thanks!

I may play with resizing those images, saving them as PDF, and

combining them
into a single document, simply because one doc is easier to read and

navigate
than a bunch of jpegs. If I do (probably "when I do") do you want me

to make it
available or would you rather I sent it to you to let you make it

available?

GWE

Feel free to repost anywhere and in any format. I was thinking of
trying that, but I don't have the software to convert to PDF (except
for Photoshop 7.1)

I have some other handbooks I may scan and post sometime.

National Polyethylene Pipe/PVC Pipe
Pipe Threading Principles
Copper Tube Handbook
Imperial Tube Working Handbook

Rick

k.net...

Rick wrote:
[...]

I'll try and remember to rescan that one distorted page, too...

Bob May

I'd retype the text and then capture the images out of the document and that
will shrink the file size a lot.
I'll take my standard lecture on JPG vs. GIF.
JPG is for images of scenery and so forth. It does sublte things on an image
with more changes to the image as the compression level increases. The
worst thing to compress with this format is text as the frequency response
is extremely high for this and that means that the image doesn't get as
compressed as otherwise.
GIF is for graphics images. It doesn't reduce the information in the image
but rather just uses techniques to reduce the amount of redundancey in an
image's file. GIF also has the ability to use less bits per pixel than JPG
does which in itself reduces the amount of information that needs to be
compressed which is a compression in itself.
Reducing the colors to B&W, reducing the size of the image (the text is
ratehr large), and then using the GIF format should reduce the size of the
images to under 100K Much better tho would be to convert the image to text
where possible and then add in the images as necessary. This will reduce
the size of the file (even if it is a PDF) to a fairly small size.

--
Why do penguins walk so far to get to their nesting grounds?

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:59:40 GMT, the opaque "Rick"
clearly wrote:

nk.net...

Rick wrote:
"Copper and Brass Pipe and Tube Bending Handbook", by the Copper

and
Brass Research Association

Sixth Edition-1954

Scanned in JPG and posted here

http://home.tir.com/~artemus/Bending%20Tube/

I'll try and remember to rescan that one distorted page, too...

Scan10079.JPG is the one. Thanks, Rick.

--
Impeach 'em ALL!
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Nick Müller

Rick wrote:

Scanned in JPG and posted here

Thanks a lot for the scans!

Now I know that I've built a mandel-type bender like in fig. 8 or 10.
Only the form of the mandrel (fig. 10) is different to mine. I can bend
a brass tube (annealed) 6mm diam. and 0,5 mm wall thickness wit R=1D 180
degrees. If you messure the diameter in the bending area, it is just
0,2..0,3mm below 6mm. No scrathes, no dents, no warping. Took me a week
and two prototypes that went into the bin.
People who saw the bends didn't belive.

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models:
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Doug White

I'd retype the text and then capture the images out of the document and that
will shrink the file size a lot.

Why not use optical character recognition? I just finished converting a
10 meg scanned document into a 1 meg PDF which is also searchable. It
wasn't easy workign around the figures, but it beat the pants off
retyping the whole thing.

Doug White

Randy Zimmerman

Great!!! I already took a few pages to work to pass around the lunch
table... Wrinkle bending is pretty straightforward and in steel can be done
with a lot less setup than shown. Thank you.
Randy

"Rick" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Copper and Brass Pipe and Tube Bending Handbook", by the Copper and
Brass Research Association

Sixth Edition-1954

Scanned in JPG and posted here

http://home.tir.com/~artemus/Bending%20Tube/

Rick

clearly wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
I'll try and remember to rescan that one distorted page, too...

Scan10079.JPG is the one. Thanks, Rick.

Done....

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 03:47:16 GMT, the opaque "Rick"
clearly wrote:

.. .
clearly wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
I'll try and remember to rescan that one distorted page, too...

Scan10079.JPG is the one. Thanks, Rick.

Done....

Great. Um, what was the URL again? (You now see why I had quoted it
in my reply.)

Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications
Rick

clearly wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
I'll try and remember to rescan that one distorted page, too...

Scan10079.JPG is the one. Thanks, Rick.

Done....

Great. Um, what was the URL again? (You now see why I had quoted it
in my reply.)

Here ya go. Glad a few of you enjoyed the post!

http://home.tir.com/~artemus/Bending%20Tube/