Dave Pidwerbecki

Default WTB: Collet Chuck and Dividing Head

I'm looking for a Bison 5C collet chuck with either a plain back or
with a 1 1/2"x8TPI spindle back plate. I'm also looking for a small
dividing head w/ tailstock, etc. If you have either of these that
you'd like to sell, please respond to this thread or email me.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Pidwerbecki

He Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, the Bison 5C collet chuck was basically made for the smaller
lathes. I'm just getting started and I want to standardize on 5C collets
and this chuck is a great way to get them to work well on your smaller lathe
and allows bars to go through your spindle. The 3AT collets came with the
lathe, however, they are much more expensive and much more rare.

Do you know of any available Bison chucks?

Dave

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
5C is too big for the 1.5" spindle. I think you need 3C.
Steve
"Dave Pidwerbecki" wrote in message
I'm looking for a Bison 5C collet chuck with either a plain back or
with a 1 1/2"x8TPI spindle back plate. I'm also looking for a small
dividing head w/ tailstock, etc. If you have either of these that
you'd like to sell, please respond to this thread or email me.

Thanks,

Dave

jim rozen

In article TnH6b.381447$Ho3.57599@sccrnsc03, Dave Pidwerbecki says...

Do you know of any available Bison chucks?

Honestly I've never seen these used. This says
something about their utility I think. My
guess is your only chance is to find somebody
who is upgrading to a larger machine that
actually takes 5Cs directly, and is willing to
part out his older machine.

Probably anyone with a 9" SB will bundle the
bison in with it to get more from the sale though.

Jim

please reply to: