distracted

Default Black Steel Finish

Can anyone suggest where to buy chemical blackening (called Oxpho-Blue,
Tool black, or other names) in Ontario, Canada? I am in Brampton
(Toronto)?
~~ Distracted ~~

J. R. Carroll

"distracted" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone suggest where to buy chemical blackening (called Oxpho-Blue,
Tool black, or other names) in Ontario, Canada? I am in Brampton
(Toronto)?
~~ Distracted ~~

"Adam Smith" wrote in message
.. .
Gesswein used to have it. Long time ago, don't know if they still do.

You should also be able to find out where to get this from a gun smith.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

Roger Shoaf

Try he

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/black.htm

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"distracted" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone suggest where to buy chemical blackening (called Oxpho-Blue,
Tool black, or other names) in Ontario, Canada? I am in Brampton
(Toronto)?
~~ Distracted ~~

distracted

I do not know where to buy Brownell's in Canada... I believe shipping
accross the border is not allowed here. Is there a Canadian source?

Caswell Plating looks interesting. I also found that KBC Tools sells a
version. Anyone know which works better? What about odour, toxicity,
& safe storage are all issues for me.

Also, how does one know when the solution is depleted? Or it just
doesn't blacken.

Distracted

Brownells
MadDog