JohnM

Default URGENT, can I use this motor for phase converter?

Ignoramus27341 wrote:

Note that it is rated for 200 volts. I am thinking of building an RPC
from it, similar to what Jim Rozen did.

Shoud work good. I've heard some disputes over motor speed of
convertors, seems some people say a 3600 rpm motor has some advantage,
but I've used 1800 rpm motors with success.

Bidding is slow so far- hit it in the last few seconds. I get my Windows
clock window up and hit the refresh button a few times to see what the
lag is, then hit it around 7 seconds before the end.

John
Roy

I made mine using a 208 volt motor and its worked just fine. Was told
it would load up and become magnetized, but its never happend in close
to 3 years of almost continuous use.........

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:41:04 GMT, Ignoramus27341
wrote:

===http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7530979625
===
===Note that it is rated for 200 volts. I am thinking of building an RPC
===from it, similar to what Jim Rozen did.
===
===i

"The original frugal ponder"
Jerry Martes

I'd ask you to wait till you can locate a 220/240 volt motor thats Nearer
to you.
If you dont have access to big 3 phase motors, I could find a free 10 HP 3
phase motor here in LA and ship it to you at your expense
I dont want to step on Jim's advice. But, it sure is easy to mount a
simple switch system to replace the pony motor. Three industrial buttons
on a little panel will permit instant (well almost) spin up of the idler by
pressing two buttons simultaneously. the third (red) buton shuts down the
idler. That system does require contactors (which I would send (no cost) if
you acn cover the shipping.

.. .