Default Surface Grinder & Tooling f/s

amw 6 x 18 manual surface grinder(ball bearing ways).Features 2hp
motor,overhead dresser,worklamp,good condition.Also included harig
spin-all,5c collet holder,suburban knee,magnetic vee blocks,magnetic
paralells,large v- block,grinding vise,herman schmidt grinding
vise,wee-vee block for harig,extra hubs and some wheels.$3750.00
I have photos of those who request.Located in central california.

Gunner

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:57:30 -0700, Grant Erwin

amw 6 x 18 manual surface grinder(ball bearing ways).Features 2hp
motor,overhead dresser,worklamp,good condition.Also included harig
spin-all,5c collet holder,suburban knee,magnetic vee blocks,magnetic
paralells,large v- block,grinding vise,herman schmidt grinding
vise,wee-vee block for harig,extra hubs and some wheels.$3750.00
I have photos of those who request.Located in central california.

You're sure pushing this stuff. That's pretty damn spendy for a little manual
SG. What's wrong with ebay? You're spamming every craigslist on the West Coast.

GWE

Damned spendy. A good..and I mean Good surface grinder like a Harrig,
or Jones-Shipman manual are only getting $800 or less here in
California.

Im working on sending a pair of extremely nice Jones-Shipman
Automatics to Texas for $1500 for the pair.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:
wrote:
amw 6 x 18 manual surface grinder(ball bearing ways).Features 2hp

[ ... ]

You're sure pushing this stuff. That's pretty damn spendy for a little manual
SG.

I agree about the price.

What's wrong with ebay? You're spamming every craigslist on the West Coast.

What is a "craigslist"? I'm on the East Coast, and have never
heard of one.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Grant Erwin

DoN. Nichols wrote:

What is "craigslist"? I'm on the East Coast, and have never
heard of one.

Craigslist is a free online classified ad setup. To find the craigslist nearest
you, visit http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html - but beware, they can be
addicting. They have been around for quite awhile, and they're really easy to
use and, like I said, completely free. In fact, I haven't figured out their
business model yet. No advertising, no fees for buyers or sellers, no nothing at
all. I heard that ebay bought them awhile back, maybe changes are coming. When
you get to your local CL, notice that there is a "tools" category. Most items of
interest to this NG would show up there or in the "general" category.

I sell there a lot locally, and buy there too. The combination of CL and ebay
have put an absolutely giant dent in the for-fee newspaper advertising in my
area. Columns that used to be huge are now like 1" long.

The OP of this thread posted his overpriced stuff to a lot of craigslists and
also apparently to a lot of newsgroups. I guess I took exception to his whiny
tone about his place of employment closing, and his super-high pricing. He's in
California, too, where a 6x18" manual surface grinder can go real cheap.

GWE

lionslair at consolidated dot net

Had my house listed on Craigslist - got as many hits there as on the MLS.
I think the final one did just that. It was the first time I had seen it
function.

Martin

Grant Erwin wrote:

DoN. Nichols wrote:

[...]

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:

What is "craigslist"? I'm on the East Coast, and have never
heard of one.

Craigslist is a free online classified ad setup. To find the craigslist nearest
you, visit http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html - but beware, they can be
addicting. They have been around for quite awhile, and they're really easy to
use and, like I said, completely free.

Thanks. Yes, I found a local branch of it from your web page.

In fact, I haven't figured out their
business model yet. No advertising, no fees for buyers or sellers, no nothing at
all. I heard that ebay bought them awhile back, maybe changes are coming. When
you get to your local CL, notice that there is a "tools" category. Most items of
interest to this NG would show up there or in the "general" category.

I sell there a lot locally, and buy there too. The combination of CL and ebay
have put an absolutely giant dent in the for-fee newspaper advertising in my
area. Columns that used to be huge are now like 1" long.

They have also reduced the amount of stuff found at hamfests,
though they are still fun to visit.

The OP of this thread posted his overpriced stuff to a lot of craigslists and
also apparently to a lot of newsgroups. I guess I took exception to his whiny
tone about his place of employment closing, and his super-high pricing. He's in
California, too, where a 6x18" manual surface grinder can go real cheap.

Well ... if it were not for his posting, and you response, I
would not have heard about Craigs List, so at least one good thing came
from it.

Thanks,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Ron Bean

Grant Erwin writes:

Craigslist is a free online classified ad setup. To find the craigslist nearest
you, visit http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

[...]
In fact, I haven't figured out their
business model yet. No advertising, no fees for buyers or sellers, no nothing at
all.

They do charge for help-wanted ads in SF, NYC, and LA.
Apparently this is lucrative enough to finance the rest of the
operation.

Craig Newmark, the founder, has a guest column in the August
issue of Tecnology Review.