lionslair at consolidated dot net

Had my house listed on Craigslist - got as many hits there as on the MLS.
I think the final one did just that. It was the first time I had seen it
function.

Martin

Grant Erwin wrote:

DoN. Nichols wrote:

What is "craigslist"? I'm on the East Coast, and have never
heard of one.

Craigslist is a free online classified ad setup. To find the craigslist
nearest you, visit http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html - but
beware, they can be addicting. They have been around for quite awhile,
and they're really easy to use and, like I said, completely free. In
fact, I haven't figured out their business model yet. No advertising, no
fees for buyers or sellers, no nothing at all. I heard that ebay bought
them awhile back, maybe changes are coming. When you get to your local
CL, notice that there is a "tools" category. Most items of interest to
this NG would show up there or in the "general" category.

I sell there a lot locally, and buy there too. The combination of CL and
ebay have put an absolutely giant dent in the for-fee newspaper
advertising in my area. Columns that used to be huge are now like 1" long.

The OP of this thread posted his overpriced stuff to a lot of
craigslists and also apparently to a lot of newsgroups. I guess I took
exception to his whiny tone about his place of employment closing, and
his super-high pricing. He's in California, too, where a 6x18" manual
surface grinder can go real cheap.

GWE

--
Martin Eastburn