Nick Müller

DoN. Nichols wrote:

O.K. Does it say what kind of vessel this is supposed to be
used on?

I guess something like the Klepper folding kayaks (www.klepper.com). I
know, these are _kayaks_ and have paddles, not oars. But there must be
something like the Klepper in form of an oaring boat.

Nick

--
Motormodelle / Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
DoN. Nichols wrote:
In article ,
R.H. wrote:

[ ... ]

I posted a photo of the oarlock box if anyone is interested:

http://pzphotosan70.blogspot.com/

O.K. Does it say what kind of vessel this is supposed to be
used on? It still does not seem to be reasonable to need a wrench to
adjust an oar -- you normally do that as you are rowing -- extend the
oar to get higher speed at the cost of greater effort required, feather
the oar one way to clear the water, or another way to dig in to counter
an imbalance.

Again -- I might accept it as being for a special purpose kind
of oarlock, perhaps for a racing shell or something similar.

I've seen *lots* of oarlocks like that.

More likely to be found on a _cheap_ rowboat. Even a rental type.

Amazingly effective at keeping the oars from being dropped overboard by
the incompetent, AND LOST.

R.H.

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
In article ,
DoN. Nichols wrote:
In article ,
R.H. wrote:

[ ... ]

I posted a photo of the oarlock box if anyone is interested:

http://pzphotosan70.blogspot.com/

O.K. Does it say what kind of vessel this is supposed to be
used on? It still does not seem to be reasonable to need a wrench to
adjust an oar -- you normally do that as you are rowing -- extend the
oar to get higher speed at the cost of greater effort required, feather
the oar one way to clear the water, or another way to dig in to counter
an imbalance.

Again -- I might accept it as being for a special purpose kind
of oarlock, perhaps for a racing shell or something similar.

I've seen *lots* of oarlocks like that.

More likely to be found on a _cheap_ rowboat. Even a rental type.

Amazingly effective at keeping the oars from being dropped overboard by
the incompetent, AND LOST.

Yes, it's just for a regular rowboat.

Rob

R.H.

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:39:37 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

385. Branding iron

A *real* one? Again, I question the finish and the alloy
involved. I think that it might be a decorative one.

Yes, it does appear to be a decorative one and doesn't look like it's

been
used.

Rob

What would the brand say/look like? If the figure on the left is
supposed to be a figure 1, it would be backwards on whatever was
branded.

I don't think it actually says anything, probably just some type of abstract
design.

Rob

Duane Bozarth

Nick Müller wrote:

R.H. wrote:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Now back to the hammer.
It looks like it is for thin (or tinn) sheet metal work, because it is
much to light for a "real hammer"[tm].
What I found is a hammer that resembles the one, but only the metal part
beeing flipped over (the edges showing up, not down; a German form of a
gutter hammer). It is used for roofing work, esp. gutter work. Used for
folding over.

I wasn't sure of the specific purpose, but it's clear it's mounted
backwards on the handle...

Nick Müller

Duane Bozarth wrote:

I wasn't sure of the specific purpose, but it's clear it's mounted
backwards on the handle...

That's possible! Someone found the hammer, thought wth is this, and
flipped it. This would explain that the handle isn't very professionally
fittet to the head (looking close at the photo).

Here is the closest match I could find:
http://www2.picard-hammer.de/pages/a...?edvnr=0016321
If you only look at the lower end of the hammer (iron part) it looks
quite equal.

Not to forget: I'm not claiming that I'm right. I'm just thinking loud.

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
todays SPAMfeed:

Joe AutoDrill

I would be interested to know what the black button is on the
front face, above the label.

Grease fitting with protective cover.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

DoN. Nichols

In article 13Sve.8845$bz6.5861@trndny06,
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I would be interested to know what the black button is on the
front face, above the label.

Grease fitting with protective cover.

Is that one of your products?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Joe AutoDrill

I would be interested to know what the black button is on the
front face, above the label.

Grease fitting with protective cover.

Is that one of your products?

I'm not sure I can answer that just yet without giving away answers... Is
the contest over for this week yet? grin

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com
http://www.Multi-Drill.com

V8013-R

woodworker88 wrote:
386 looks like a multi headed boring attachment

Yes. Very boring.