R.H.

Default What is it? LXV

Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

David Sizemore

R.H. wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

370. Cable crimper
371. Mandrel bender (for brake lines and such)

William Falcone

374. End of a boat hook or window opening tool.
Bill

--
www.optiguy.com

Gary Brady

R.H. wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/
Rob

370. No clue
371. Tubing bender
372. A snoogle
373. Light bulb base
374. Antique door stop
375. Crimper

RCM

Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

370: Ferrule crimper...could be for electrical cables or coax fittings
371: Tubing bender
372: Looks like a wall sheathing jack, like used for raising drywall up
snug.
373: base of a light bulb
374: Window-opener pole end
375: Looks like another ferrule or thimble crimper

Jon Haugsand

* Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
370: Ferrule crimper...could be for electrical cables or coax fittings

Why not an ordinary "pipe cutter" or whatever it is called?

--
Jon Haugsand
Dept. of Informatics, Univ. of Oslo, Norway,
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Jon Haugsand" wrote in message
* Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
370: Ferrule crimper...could be for electrical cables or coax fittings

Why not an ordinary "pipe cutter" or whatever it is called?

The tool shown doesn't cut, it compresses.

LLoyd

John Husvar

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

370 Crimper for multi-pin plug connectors' pins and sockets. That one
happens to be for Buchanan plugs, but works on a lot of others. Crimp
pins on all the wires then push the pins into the plug base. Don't
misplace any: The boss gets shirty about that. DAMHIK!

371 tubing bender

372 Firehose connector wrench?

373 lightbulb screw base

374 business end of a window push bar? Used to use one to open/close
windows in grade school.

375 H.K. Porter high leverage crimp and cut tool for wire splicing
Jeff Wisnia

R.H. wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

364. Some kind of pocket sized tire pressure gauge.

366. No fine winos here yet? It's a twin lever operated corkscrew.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Leo Lichtman

373 does not look quite like a lamp base. I think it is a flex line, like
used to hook up a gas stove. The rest have been answered, or I don't know.

Jon Danniken

"R.H."wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

370 - A crimper of some sort
371 - A tubing bender of some sort
372 - A five gallon bucket lid opener
373 - Flexible conduit?
375 - A crimper of some sort

Jon
Norman D. Crow

"William Falcone" wrote in message
374. End of a boat hook or window opening tool.
Bill

Yup! Missed the screw hole for retaining it on the wood pole the first time
I looked.

--
Nahmie

Nick Müller

R.H. wrote:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

# 370: for crimping caples.
# 371: tube bender, low cost, taiwan crap
# 372: Milk can opender. Or shoe horn for bootleggers
# 373: Light bulb thread
# 374: Poor guy. Must be a pain for his girl-friend too.
# 375: crimp pliers again.

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

JohnM

R.H. wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Coax ruiner.
Could also be a tool for installing the little thing that holds the
eraser on a pencil, they look a lot alike.

Tube bender

Patent electrical shorting device.

Little thing that holds the eraser on a pencil.

Prop from the old Flash Gordon movies.

Charlie Bucket's father's toothpaste cap screwing tool.
Jim Stewart

Norman D. Crow wrote:
"William Falcone" wrote in message

374. End of a boat hook or window opening tool.
Bill

Yup! Missed the screw hole for retaining it on the wood pole the first time
I looked.

Head for a window opening pole. We had one in
every classroom in my grade and high school

Marie Forjan

R.H. wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

I'm afraid I'm all to familar with #366. It usually comes out around
5ish, especially when there is a plate of cheese and crackers.

Oh Hell...let's get real, a hot dog works for me too!

Marie
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again:

370) Crimper for individual electrical connector pins which are
subsequently inserted into the connector body. I do see
something which looks strange about this. In the first and
second shots, it appears to have only three indenters (an
unusual number), while in the third shot it has the more common
four indenters.

Frequently, there is a mount on the other side which accepts a
bushing which will hold the pin at just the right depth, to
assure that the crimp occurs where the walls are thinned to
crimp onto the wire.

The hole looks rather large in this one, so I believe that it is
for a larger pin than those which I normally use.

371) A device for bending a specific size of tubing. It looks too
small to be a "hickey" for bending electrical conduit, so I
suspect that it is for bending copper tubing for compressed air
or for water. It looks as though it is intended to drop over a
large pin (and rotated on that), while the pin is mounted to a
vise or a workbench, and it should have a second hook to hold
the other side of the bend.

The material looks like cast zinc (pot metal), so I doubt that
it would be strong enough for stainless steel tubing. However,
I might be mis-identifying the material.

372) No real idea about this one. It sort of looks like a tool for
disengaging lead-acid battery terminals, but if so, it would
seriously risk shorting the battery -- a bad idea.

It might be a tool for removing the bungs on steel drums
(barrels).

373) This looks like the rolled threads in the base of a standard
incandescent light bulb.

374) This fits on the end of a wooden pole -- or maybe a pipe.
From the shape, it looks as though it is for guiding a rope over
an open-sided pulley from below.

375) Another crimper. From the looks of the dies, and the serious
amount of metal in the head, I suspect that it is for crimping
sleeves on steel cable runs -- to make eye splices or similar
functions.

Now to see what others have posted.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
William

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
373 does not look quite like a lamp base. I think it is a flex line, like
used to hook up a gas stove. The rest have been answered, or I don't

know.

'

Thread on the end of a garden hose?

R.H.

Looks like they've all been answered correctly this week:

370. Electrical crimpers
371. Tubing bender
372. Fireman's spanner wrench
373. Light bulb base
374. Window opener, mounts on a pole
375. Bell System crimper

A few more photos and a link are up on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan68m.blogspot.com/

Rob

Steve Mulhollan

370 - Cabble end crimper?

371 - Tubing bender

372 - fire department hode coupling spanner

373 - light bulb base?

374 - hok end of a pole to open and close swing-out windows

375 - solderless electrical connector crimpwer

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:44:34 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Rich Grise

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:46:41 +0000, Leo Lichtman wrote:

373 does not look quite like a lamp base. I think it is a flex line, like
used to hook up a gas stove. The rest have been answered, or I don't know.

I agree - it's too long and not smooth enough to be a bulb base. My first
guess was "gooseneck", but it's not squarish enough - I like the "gas line"
guess.

Thanks!
Rich

B.B.

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

370. Doitz!
371. Toobz bendorzer.
372. Device to release monkeys from barrels.
373. A donkey.
374. For fastening stirrups to a bedpost for...umm...nevermind.
375. Wire butt-o-fier.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
william_b_noble

# 370 is a very standard crimping tool
#371 is a tubing bender - I think JC Whitney among others sold this, maybe
still do
#372 looks a lot like a boot puller (for getting those stylish and mud caked
boots off)
#373 looks like a piece of flex conduit
#375 looks like a crimper for swaging the steel crimp or threaded fitting
onto steel (wire) cables

"B.B." u wrote in message
news
In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

370. Doitz!
371. Toobz bendorzer.
372. Device to release monkeys from barrels.
373. A donkey.
374. For fastening stirrups to a bedpost for...umm...nevermind.
375. Wire butt-o-fier.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/

John Husvar

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Looks like they've all been answered correctly this week:

370. Electrical crimpers
371. Tubing bender
372. Fireman's spanner wrench
373. Light bulb base

The bulb is definitely not a "Soft-White," eh?

374. Window opener, mounts on a pole
375. Bell System crimper

A few more photos and a link are up on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan68m.blogspot.com/

Rob

R.H.

370) Crimper for individual electrical connector pins which are
subsequently inserted into the connector body. I do see
something which looks strange about this. In the first and
second shots, it appears to have only three indenters (an
unusual number), while in the third shot it has the more common
four indenters.

In the first shot the fourth indenter is there but you can't see it because
of the angle.

Frequently, there is a mount on the other side which accepts a
bushing which will hold the pin at just the right depth, to
assure that the crimp occurs where the walls are thinned to
crimp onto the wire.

Yes, this one has the mount on the other side for the bushing.

Rob