DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Another set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again:

370) Crimper for individual electrical connector pins which are
subsequently inserted into the connector body. I do see
something which looks strange about this. In the first and
second shots, it appears to have only three indenters (an
unusual number), while in the third shot it has the more common
four indenters.

Frequently, there is a mount on the other side which accepts a
bushing which will hold the pin at just the right depth, to
assure that the crimp occurs where the walls are thinned to
crimp onto the wire.

The hole looks rather large in this one, so I believe that it is
for a larger pin than those which I normally use.

371) A device for bending a specific size of tubing. It looks too
small to be a "hickey" for bending electrical conduit, so I
suspect that it is for bending copper tubing for compressed air
or for water. It looks as though it is intended to drop over a
large pin (and rotated on that), while the pin is mounted to a
vise or a workbench, and it should have a second hook to hold
the other side of the bend.

The material looks like cast zinc (pot metal), so I doubt that
it would be strong enough for stainless steel tubing. However,
I might be mis-identifying the material.

372) No real idea about this one. It sort of looks like a tool for
disengaging lead-acid battery terminals, but if so, it would
seriously risk shorting the battery -- a bad idea.

It might be a tool for removing the bungs on steel drums
(barrels).

373) This looks like the rolled threads in the base of a standard
incandescent light bulb.

374) This fits on the end of a wooden pole -- or maybe a pipe.
From the shape, it looks as though it is for guiding a rope over
an open-sided pulley from below.

375) Another crimper. From the looks of the dies, and the serious
amount of metal in the head, I suspect that it is for crimping
sleeves on steel cable runs -- to make eye splices or similar
functions.

Now to see what others have posted.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564