Nicolas Noiseux

Default WTD: manual for enco boring head 222-1200

I am looking for the manual for an Enco 222-1200 boring head.
It is apparently an automatic facing tool as well.
It may be made in France.
Thanks
DoN. Nichols

In article et,
Nicolas Noiseux wrote:
I am looking for the manual for an Enco 222-1200 boring head.
It is apparently an automatic facing tool as well.
It may be made in France.

I can't look up the number to be sure, but I believe that you
are talking about the GAMET brand -- yes it is from France, and it is an
excellent tool.

I have one of the larger ones -- three feed clicks max per
rotation, and a NMTB-30 taper shank.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
shoprat

I am also looking for the manual for the same boring head. Did you find
one? Could you tell me where to find one? or tell me how to adjust the
tension on the feed?
Thanks

Nicolas Noiseux Wrote:
I am looking for the manual for an Enco 222-1200 boring head.
It is apparently an automatic facing tool as well.
It may be made in France.
Thanks

--
shoprat
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

According to shoprat :
Nicolas Noiseux Wrote:
I am looking for the manual for an Enco 222-1200 boring head.
It is apparently an automatic facing tool as well.
It may be made in France.

[ ... ]

I am also looking for the manual for the same boring head. Did you find
one? Could you tell me where to find one? or tell me how to adjust the
tension on the feed?

Hmm ... is that by any chance the one made by Gamet? If so, I
have one, but a rather poor nth-generation photocopy.

As for the tension, there are three gib screws on the same face
which has the oiler ball valve. According to the manual, the outer two

"Adjusting screws for tool carriage"

and the center one is:

"Locking screw for tool carriage"

On the back side (considering the front with the oiler) there
are a pair of adjustable stops in a transverse T-slot. One of them is a
firm stop for when you are retracting the carriage after a facing
operation, and the other one disengages the pawl to stop the auto-feed
at a specific point.

The knurled ring has one fixed point to step the ratchet to feed
the facing motion (when the knurled ring is stationary), and depending
on the size, one or two extra ones which can be switched on or off with
an appropriately sized hex key (metric, of course. :-) With these, you
can adjust to one, two, or three feed steps per revolution.

Drop me an e-mail and I'll see what I can do about scanning it.
I've fallen behind in rec.crafts.metalworking, and have lost some
articles, so until I catch up, there is a risk that I won't see replies
here. And *please* don't both post and e-mail.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Some Dumb Boring Questions FLowen Metalworking 3 May 25th 04 03:16 AM
BP Round Ram J Head Adapter? dka Metalworking 1 March 17th 04 04:40 AM
History of Machine Tools Errol Groff Metalworking 141 November 8th 03 07:32 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Boring head setup? larry g Metalworking 6 September 16th 03 02:09 PM