Rex B

Default Help - Disassembling Enco QC box

I recently bought an Enco 1024, 1986 vintage, with some QC box "issues".
Basically, it's jammed. So I'm disassembling it. I'm to the point of
removing the main shaft, which has most of the gears on it. I'm hoping
some of you have been down this road.

The shaft is supported at either end with sealed ball bearings, which
look to be identical to the ubiquitous 6203-series. Outboard of that is
a black plug that is the same OD and sits flush with the case. One of
those plugs has a center hole that is about 3/16" ID. That is on the
input side of the case.
My question is: How does this come apart? Is it a simple press-out?
Any keys or set-screws to be aware of?

Similar situation on the shaft that carries the change handles.

Any help appreciated, and thanks in advance.

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer

$300 8" jointer at Enco AL Woodworking 14 April 10th 05 03:37 AM
B&S Taper collets for Enco semi universal dividing head Abrasha Metalworking 5 February 8th 05 06:47 AM
ENCO Free Marv Soloff Metalworking 9 February 18th 04 09:14 PM
ENCO again Marv Soloff Metalworking 0 September 5th 03 09:36 AM
ENCO no-name chuck or Bison? Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 7 August 28th 03 03:08 PM