Gunner

On 2 Jun 2005 16:45:57 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article .com,
says...

Summary execution of spies was also prohibited in the Hague
Conventions since at least the early 20th century. Don't
trust me, read them for yourself.

I applaud your appeal to reason. I'm not sure Stuart can
read though.

Jim

Spies (and the Accords have an interesting definiton) may be tried by
a conviened tribunal, then sentenced and shot on the spot.

A 5 minute trial followed by a firing party. All quite legal under
the Conventions.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Note followups

Stuart Grey wrote:
wrote:
Note followups:

Stuart Grey wrote:

wrote:
Follow-ups to: alt.politics

Stuart Grey wrote:

Remember that pro-Communist presidential candidate?

No.

His name is John Forbes Kerry.

No.

Yes.

John Kerry's opposition to US policy during the War in Vietnam
does not make him pro-communist any more than your opposition
to US policy in WWII makes you pro-Nazi.

You have committed the logical fallicy of false delima.

No, I simply though you were equating Kerry's opposition to
US policy with being pro-communist. It is spretty hard to
figure out how you arrive at your conclusions, rather like
clutching at straws.

There is sufficent evidence to indicate that John F. Kerry was
pro-communist;
1) The VVAW had leaders who were openly communist.

Some people opposed to FDRs policy in the North Atlantic
were openly pronazi. Is that evidence you are pronazi?

2) Kerry and one other VVAW leader went to conspire with the communist
enemy during the war at least twice.

They went to Paris and met with the diplomats there. No one but
they, and most certainly not you, know what they discussed.

It is known that the other VVAW
leader brags that he sang the Ballad of Ho Chi Minh and the
International while there.

It is not known by me, I certainly won't take your word for it.
Even if it is true it does not prove your assertion..

3) Kerry's voting record in the Senate is consistant with a
pro-communist stand.

Ludicrous 'evidence'.

I do remember reading that according to the FBI when persons in
the VVAW first proposed violent action Kerry spoke out against
the plan arguing that the VVAW should remain nonviolent, and it was
overwhelmingly voted down. He left the VVAW shortly afterward.

The FBI files put the down your lies.

Kerry only resigned from the executive committee of the VVAW, he did not
resign from the VVAW.

Kerry was there for the meeting on Operation Phoenix, the criminal
conspiracy to commit murder and sedition against the United States.

Kerry's claim started out that he wasn't there, but the FBI papers
proved he was lying; to he didn't recall, but again, the FBI was there
and knew what was going on; to the latest of his lies that you repeated:
he was there, he recalls it, and he said he wanted it to be a
non-violent group and that he quit. The last part is an obvious lie, he
only quit from the VVAW exec committee, not the VVAW. He's on FBI record
as saying he would continue to speak for the VVAW.

Offering to act as spokesman is not the same as continued participation
as a member. Kerry resigned, it is as simple as that.

Same logical error as before, and in addition, you've made the fallicy
of the straw dog. I clearly stated that he mearly resigned from the VVAW
executive committee, while doing the same things he did that were his
duties on the Executive committee.

Yes, you clearly state a lot of things. You come up short on
evidence. Can you show evidence that he never resigned?

It is no surprise that one might be confused as to exactly
when one resigned or attended meetings thirty years in the past.

Most people don't have FBI records to remind them when they claim to
have done what.

Speaking of which, don't those records say he resigned?

The problem is that EVERYONE who attended the meeting is involved in a
criminal conspiracy to commit murder. It doesn't matter if the murder
plot is carried out; there is a burden to report such to the FBI. Since
Kerry was very concerned that the FBI was investigating them, and never
reported the plot, Kerry is guilty as sin of this crime, and should have
gone to prison.

False and false, respectively. Even if there had been a consipracy,
mere knowledge of the conspiracy does not constitute a crime

Actually, it does constitute a crime.

Actually, you are lying.

Attending a meeting at shich others advocate
a criminal act does not constitute a crim. In particular, a
person who argues against the commision of that act is most
certainly no comitting a crime.

and
there is no general legal obligation to report knowledge of
conspiracies, crimes and criminal activity to law enforcement.

Yes there is, if one does not wish to be considered part of the conspiracy.

No, there is not. Again you lie.

Your making excuses for John F. Kerry's conspiracy to commit murder and
sedition against the United States is interesting, as is your lame
excuses for it.

No, you are lying again. I am simply pointing out that you made
statements that are factually incorrect regardless of the person
about whom you said it.

Whether or not there is a moral obligation is a matter of personal
morality and for most people will be predicated on their perception
of the reality of the danger. Besides, as you note, the FBI was THERE,
no need for anyone else to inform them of anything.

I see, so Kerry's excuse for not reporting the conspiracy was that he
****ed up and failed to exclused the FBI from the meeting, even though
the executive concil tried to do so?

That doesn't work. You can't offer as a defence against conspiracy the
very fact that the FBI caught you.

That was a joke.

The real reason why Nixon was impeached was that he ordered the Justice
department to investigate and prosecute acts on the left such as this.

Splorf! Nixon was impeached because he refused to resign even
after he began serving his sentence in Federal Prison. The articles
of impeachment themselves were based on the charges for which he was
convicted, but he would never have been impeached or removed from the
judiciary had he simply resigned.

At the meeting in question, a proposal was made to commit criminal
acts. Kerry spoke against it, and it was overwhelmingly voted down.
Thus no conspiracy arose from the meeting. To claim that Kerry
was part of a conspiracy when in fact, he acted to prevent that
conspiracy is as despicable a lie as one can imagine.

LOL! Are you trying to be funny?
Kerry said NOTHING.

Not according to the FBI. According to the FBI he spoke against
any plan to commit a criminal act.

Kerry defended their
plotting, even if their plot was voted down.

He defended that which he oposed and was voted down? You make
no sense.

Kerry, and his VVAW created lies and propaganda against the United
States, making false war crime claims, slandering our troops, ...

Perhaps you can show which of the accusations were lies.

Damn, there are so many lies, where to start? The entire Winter Soldier
investigation was a lie! Many of the soldiers they interviewed had never
been to Vietnam. Some of the "soldiers" were just dirty hippies who had
never been in the military at all!

Please name some witnesses who appeared at the WSI who were not whom
they said they were.

You have made yet another logical fallicy of distraction. Do you want
proof of the assertion that the Winter soldier investigation, or do youw
want names?

Yes, and yes, respectively. You claimed "Some of the "soldiers" were
just dirty hippies who had never been in the military at all!"

I want you to prove that. If you cannot even name any, you can
hardly claim to prove anything about any.

Clearly, proof doesn't require names.

False. You are just obfuscating becuase you have no evidence to support
your assertion.

That Winter Soldier was a fabrication is well documented in none other
than the New York Times, Dec 27, 1970.

The paragraphs(s) you included form the NYTs appear to have not been
propogated. Could you please try again?

Even the Detroit Free Press couldn't corroborate the stories. The WSI
had no affidavits.

Argument from irrelevency.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service found that many of those named
in WSI as having testified had not taken part in the WSI.

Fine. Name some.

The
implication was that the names of real veterans was being used to fake
the evidence. That is, identity theft for the purpose of spreading
liberal lies.

The implication is that since you cannot name EVEN ONE such fake
vet, you are just repeating lies.

An investigation by Burkett for the book "Stolen Valor" shows that 11
out of the aproximately 100 who testified had no military service
records at all. Theyw were complete frauds.

Did Burkett name them? If not, why not?

Here is an account of how Kerry 'defended' Hubbard:

Kerry and Hubbard had a heated argument at the St. Louis meeting in
July that was "witnessed by 200 veterans," according to Nicosia.

Despite the presidential candidate's claim last week that Hubbard had
not hurt the anti-war group's credibility in 1971, Kerry actually
believed otherwise, according to Nicosia.

"There was a big fight with Al Hubbard in which Kerry confronted him
and they were screaming at each other across the hall," Nicosia
explained. Hubbard, who had ties to the radical Black Panthers group,
and Kerry "couldn't have been more opposite personalities," Nicosia
said.

The simmering tension between the two men finally reached a boil in
St. Louis, Nicosia said, with Kerry shouting, "Who are you, Al
Hubbard? Are you even really a veteran?

Even if, this doesn't prove that Kerry did not defend Hubbard.

Correct. (Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.)
When Hubbard was first accused, Kerry defended him as anyone would
defend an associate. But evidently Kerry looked into the accusations
and upon finding that they were true, outed Hubbard.

Uh did you not know that Japan attacked the US at Pearl Harbor, or
that Germany and Italy declared war on the US on December 11, 1941?
Don't trust me, check it out for yourself.

Read some history. Stalin was pressuring FDR to get the United States
into the War. War with Japan could have easily been avoided, FDR didn't
care too much about Japan, as his support was for Stalin, not the
Chinese communist. Recall that the Chinese communist did the bulk of the
war against Japan.

FDR made a big speech, the "day of infamy" about how Japan was late, by
a couple of hours, in declaring war against the United States before
Pearl Harbor.

A state of war between the United States and Japan had existed for
some time prior to the attack at Pearl Harbor.

Some time? The Japanese Intent was to give the declaration of war to the
US just before the attack. Some would say that they gave it after the
attack, for various reasons.

So? That doesn't change the fact that the US and Japan were at war
on the Asian mainland before Pearl Harbor was attacked.

Unlike yourself,
I am proud that my country fought against Japanese imperialism
on the Asian Mainland.

I'm sure that you are. The Japanese main intent was to attack the
communist. 75% of the battles the Japanese fought were against the
Communist Chinese.

Is that why they attacked the Dutch East Indies, because the Dutch
were commies? Is that why they attacked French Indochina, because
the French were commies? Is that why the took Nanking? Is that
why they avoided attacking any part of Soviet territory, because
the Soviets weren't commies?

Crimony.

War between Japan and the United States could have been avoided. Most of
the American people didn't want to get involved in the war. Congress
didn't want to get involved in the war. It appears that:

1) FDR willfully gave orders to the Navy to commit violations of U.S.
neutrality, which was a war crime, in an attempt to provolk the Germans
into war.
2) FDR tried to provolk the Japanese into war.

The truth is somewhat different, but to get an idea of
what a liar FDR was, consider that he had declared a de facto war
against Germany, without a declaration of war, MONTHS before the Germans
declared war against the United States!

Again, I am pround that the United States fought against Naziim.

Yes, yes. The war to make the world safe for the communist.

The only war that the American left ever approved of, and even then,
they ridicule those Americans who fought it.

Most American leftist claim that the Soviets are the real heros, and
that the U.S. played only a minor part. How typical.

Read it in the German declaration of war:
http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/wwii/gerdec41.htm

So, you are impuning FDR by quoting Adolf Hitler?

Fallicy of irrelevant ad hominem.

BFD, your fallacy was argument from authority and your authority
was Adolf Hitler!

Statements have to stand on their own truth. I've investigated the
claims made in the German declaration of war, and they actually
happened. Further, if you read "The Politically Incorrect Guide to
American History", by Woods, you'd find that there were other acts and
policies of FDR that were clear violations of the GCs that were designed
to unconstitutionally declare war on Germany and violate international law.

Which GCs?

It's odd, but as far as this issue goes, it seems Hitler told the truth,
and FDR was a bald faced liar and war criminal.

I'm well aware that FDR ttok military action against German U-boats
and the Japanese beofor either declared War on the US.

(Now I expect you to go into some irrational rant about conventional
wisdom, appeals to authority, and other logical fallicies in a
celebration of your stupidity.)

The facts in the German declaration of war can easily be checked on the
web. Most websites claim them as heroic acts, but even a passing
knowledge of what constitutes "neutrality" will show that we are NOT
allowed, as a neutral party, to drop depth charges on German subs who
have not attacked us, we can't spot German subs for their hostile
forces, nor can we spot their battleships and report back to parties
hostile to the Germans.

Our ships were defending British shipping, a gross violation of our
declared neutrality.

Well that certainly was my attitude when Reagan sent the US Navy
into the Persian Gulf to defend Saddam Hussein's shipping. So
quite frankly, I agree with you here, though at least FDR did not
make the morally repugnant choice that Reagan did.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/.../DD/dd424.html
On 10 April 1941, as she was nearing the coast, the ship picked up
three
boatloads of survivors from a torpedoed merchantman. When a submarine
was
detected preparing to attack, the division commander ordered a depth
charge
attack which drove off the U-boat.

I realize you people have no military experience at all, but the GCs do
not allow neutral war vessels to attack unless they are first attacked.

I doubt that the GCs required that a ship wait to be hit by a
torpedo beofor taking defensive action.

Attacking enemy war shipping is allowed under the GCs. So a sub
preparing to attack (fast turning screws, charging tubes, opening doors
and such can be heard) there was no way to tell if they were attacking
life boats (which was not policy to waste torpedos on lifeboats) or
other shipping.

I'm quite sure that attacking life boats (something at least one
British Admiral was notorious for doing himself) was contrary to
the GCs. And the sub had no business attacking the US destroyer.

This bloodless battle apparently was
the
first action between American and German forces in World War II.

http://uboat.net/allies/warships/ship/1826.html

On 10 April, 1941 the US destroyer USS Niblack attacked a German U-boat
with
3 depth charges. This attack followed the sinking of the Dutch merchant
Saleier that U-52 had sunk and the destroyer was nearby and after
rescuing 3
boatloads of survivors dropped the 3 charges when the boat was
detected.
This was the first military action between Germany and the USA in the
second
world war.

Sounds justified to me.

Humm. So, you support war crimes.

I support defensive fire when being attacked.

Later:

US destroyer Kearney is sunk off the coast of Iceland
while escorting a convoy in the Atlantic [actually she
was topedoes but survived.]

You do realize that this is another violation of US neutrality, and it
was a war crime as we did not give Germany a declaration of war, right?

That depends on the nationality of the ships in the convoy, right?

What the Kearney had done was aid a British warplane by echolocating the
submarine, so the warplane could drop a torpedo. This was a violation of
our neutrality.

Then, when the British plane had to leave station, the USS Kearney again
violated neutrality and maintained contact with the U-Boat, and hunted it.

It was in responce to this hostile act that the U-Boat attacked the
Kearney. The U-Boat was within its rights under the GCs to do so.

Sorry, but neutral means NEUTRAL, as in stand back and watch the war
happen. The Kearney violated neutrality twice.

Probably so. It is my understanding that FDR did as much as he could
get away with to fight Naziim befor there was a declaration of war.

BTW, you still haven't explained why FDR armed the Finns when Stalin
attacked Finland.

You said "shooting of spies". That was sufficiently ambiguous to
require a clarification.

As I said, you clearly don't know the Geneva conventions.

As I said, you were ambiguaous.

Yet, you offer yourself as an authority on what they say with your
"sounds justified to me" and other comments.

I think the colloqual term for what you're posting is "talking out of
your ass".

Ergo, all the insurgents who do not wear a uniform (or distinctive
emblem) commit a grave breach, and may be, after due process, punished
by death, that is, SHOT.

Not if the following from the Third Geneva Convention Part 4. A.
is applicable:

(6) Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the
enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without
having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided
they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.

True enough that this is the ONLY exception to the distinctive emblem rule.

However, it doesn't apply for these reasons:
1) Iraq is occupied.

Which is why I pointe dout that this is possibly applicable to
battlefield captives taken in AFGHANISTAN who engaged the US and
Northern Aliance troops in the proverbial 'stand-up fight.'
Which, in larg emeasure, is why the Afghanistan campaign went
as well as it did.

Whether or that section is applicable to any particular individual
is a matter for a competent court or tribunal to determine.

That would seem to apply to battlefield captives from Afghanistan.

Again, see above.

One wonders if an official policy of denying POW status to captives
without first bringing those captives befor a competent court or
tribunal
is a grave breach of the GCs. I daresay it is.

POW status is a set of rights. If it is a "grave breach" or not depends
on what is done in violation of those rights.

Even non-POW captive enemy combatants have SOME rights.

Including the right to a proper hearing to determine if they should
be treated as POWs.

But then, you have to show what the violations were, and you can't just
take the word of the captives. The captives are obviously not entitled
to POW status, even if the stupid Bush policy is not to put them on
trial.

Agreed as to the stupidity of the policy. It would be trivial to
make the necessary showing to a REAL court martial. It is as if
the Bush administarion goes out of its way to commit crimes abrogate
the Constitution flout the rule of law and offend morality.

It is also clear from captive al Qaeda manuals that they were
told to tell lies of abuse in captivivity, as they are working with the
left or using the left as useful idiots.

So yeah, having pictures of a POW naked on a leash is a violation. At
least, intentionally publishing it is, if you can show it was published
by the government.

Degrading acts are prohibitted by the GCs and acts of cruelty are
prohibitted by the UCMJ.

It wouldn't be a violation if it was shown that he
was not a POW.

Nonsense. It is prohibitted by The Fouth Geneva Convention which
protects all captives who are not POWS. The US has not ratified
all of the fourth protocol, I have not found a list what has or has
not been ratified. But the US has ratified the convention against
torture which bans more than torture. It also bans degrading and
humiliating treatment, without exception.

As you say, that was not proven at the time, even if it's
obvious to any idiot that he isn't.

Here is the list of WSI witnesses:

It is a list of names, about half of the number of "witnesses" and thus
not a complete list.

Can you show any evidence to support your claim?

If you want me, or anyone that has two brain cells to rub together
to believe you, you should post some names. Otherwise it is obvious
that you, to use a phrase you introduced into the, er, discussion,
are talking out of your ass.

As mentioned, many witnesses were never in the
military, and some were victims of identify theft.

Mention it all you want, but why not show us some reason to
beleive it is true?

--

FF

Stuart Grey

Note followups

Stuart Grey wrote:

wrote:

Note followups:

Stuart Grey wrote:

wrote:

Follow-ups to: alt.politics

Stuart Grey wrote:

Remember that pro-Communist presidential candidate?

No.

His name is John Forbes Kerry.

No.

Yes.

John Kerry's opposition to US policy during the War in Vietnam
does not make him pro-communist any more than your opposition
to US policy in WWII makes you pro-Nazi.

You have committed the logical fallicy of false delima.

No, I simply though you were equating Kerry's opposition to
US policy with being pro-communist.

Your admission that you thought simply and failed to think logically is
noted.

It is spretty hard to
figure out how you arrive at your conclusions, rather like
clutching at straws.

To see how I arrived at my conclusion, one would have to read what I
wrote. That reading is "pretty hard" is something you should take up
with your fourth grade teacher.

There is sufficent evidence to indicate that John F. Kerry was
pro-communist;
1) The VVAW had leaders who were openly communist.

Some people opposed to FDRs policy in the North Atlantic
were openly pronazi. Is that evidence you are pronazi?

You have made yet another logical failure. This one is called tu quequo.
It is also irrlevant.

2) Kerry and one other VVAW leader went to conspire with the communist
enemy during the war at least twice.

They went to Paris and met with the diplomats there. No one but
they, and most certainly not you, know what they discussed.

1) Going to talk to the enemy was either a violation of the UCMJ (a
capital offense) or the USC (a felony).

2) The north Vietnamses know what Kerry et al said. They consider Kerry
a hero of their war. Ergo, what Kerry said favored them and was a
diservice to the United States.

3) Your (lame, silly, stupid) attempt to defend treason is noted.

It is known that the other VVAW
leader brags that he sang the Ballad of Ho Chi Minh and the
International while there.

It is not known by me, I certainly won't take your word for it.
Even if it is true it does not prove your assertion..

Your profession of ignorance is noted.

Your stupidity is also noted.

3) Kerry's voting record in the Senate is consistant with a
pro-communist stand.

Ludicrous 'evidence'.

Your vapid thought processes are apelike, and noted.

snip more of ape boy's blather.

Come back when you can converse like a human, giving facts and data to
support your "opinions" rather than this silly crap you've been posting.

Stuart Grey

Follow-ups to: alt.politics

Stuart Grey wrote:

No, I simply though you were equating Kerry's opposition to
US policy with being pro-communist.

Your admission that you thought simply and failed to think logically is
noted.

Actually, you are lying on both counts.

What you thought was wrong, and your own words show your confused thinking.

Some people opposed to FDRs policy in the North Atlantic
were openly pronazi. Is that evidence you are pronazi?

You have made yet another logical failure. This one is called tu quequo.
It is also irrlevant.

Precisely my point. Your 'evidence is as also irrelevent to the
conclusion you advocate, as mine is to the conclusion I chose to
not advocate.

They went to Paris and met with the diplomats there. No one but
they, and most certainly not you, know what they discussed.

1) Going to talk to the enemy was either a violation of the UCMJ (a
capital offense) or the USC (a felony).

You fail to cite any relevent statutes under either.

Again, your ignorance. You can google my posts and find the statutes
both under the UCMJ and the USC. Quite frankly, you're an ass and if I
dig them out for you, you'd just ignore them and blather on stupidly
about something else.

Every liberal does. If you didn't, you probably wouldn't be a liberal.

I also note that you have thus far declined to address my other
challenges, jsut like every other liar who claims Burkett proved
WSI witnesses were nto whom they claimed to be.

Challanges? You're an idiot.

Cliff

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:14:30 -0700, Stuart Grey
wrote:

To see how I arrived at my conclusion, one would have to read what I
wrote.

I always wondered who wrote "My Pet Goat".
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:12:52 -0700, Stuart Grey
wrote:

Again, your ignorance. You can google my posts and find the statutes
both under the UCMJ and the USC. Quite frankly, you're an ass and if I
dig them out for you, you'd just ignore them and blather on stupidly
about something else.

He's going to call for Nixon's impeachment soon ....
--
Cliff

There will be a test at the end of this
session.

You haven't been taking notes?

Rich

Stuart Grey

Strabo wrote:
In OT - Neocon Gulags on Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:14:30 -0700, by
Stuart Grey, we read:

wrote:

Note followups

snipped

It is not known by me, I certainly won't take your word for it.
Even if it is true it does not prove your assertion..

Your profession of ignorance is noted.

Your stupidity is also noted.

Why do you continue to say that something or other is "Noted?"

What else can I do about stupid people other than to note that they are
stupid? No amount of reason is going to convince the stupid to not be
stupid.

When someone tells me that they are willfully ignorant, and then refuses
to follow or offer logic and reason, then yeah, all you can do is "note"
that they are ignorant or stupid.

Cliff

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:53:56 GMT, Strabo
wrote:

In OT - Neocon Gulags on Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:14:30 -0700, by
Stuart Grey, we read:

wrote:
Note followups

snipped

It is not known by me, I certainly won't take your word for it.
Even if it is true it does not prove your assertion..

Your profession of ignorance is noted.

Your stupidity is also noted.

Why do you continue to say that something or other is "Noted?"

He's making a list for after the fall ......
--
Cliff
Dan

"Strabo" wrote in message
In OT - Neocon Gulags on Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:14:30 -0700, by
Stuart Grey, we read:

wrote:
Note followups

snipped

It is not known by me, I certainly won't take your word for it.
Even if it is true it does not prove your assertion..

Your profession of ignorance is noted.

Your stupidity is also noted.

Why do you continue to say that something or other is "Noted?"

Has anyone ever seen Runner and Stuey at the same time?

Hmmm...

Dan

--
"After the long detour of Second and Third World pseudosocialism, capitalism
has resumed the path Marx and Engels foresaw: toward one wholly

- George Scialabba in The Nation -

"All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been
effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of
their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson -