JB

Default Wiring a VFD (Help)!

Hi Guys,

I just finished wiring up my BP Mill with a VFD. It appears to be
pragrammed properly and the keypad show and does everything it should. The
only problem is the motor shows no signs of life. The motor worked prior to
installing the VFD.

I am assuming that I should be getting a voltage reading from the three
leads coming from the VFD to the motor. I get nothing, it has me thinking
that the VFD is dead. Any insight would be sincerely appreciated. I am at
a loss as to why it's not working.

Thanks.

Joe...

Greg O

"JB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I just finished wiring up my BP Mill with a VFD. It appears to be
pragrammed properly and the keypad show and does everything it should.
The only problem is the motor shows no signs of life. The motor worked
prior to installing the VFD.

I am assuming that I should be getting a voltage reading from the three
leads coming from the VFD to the motor. I get nothing, it has me thinking
that the VFD is dead. Any insight would be sincerely appreciated. I am
at a loss as to why it's not working.

Thanks.

Joe...

You probably need to change some parameters, or you are missing something in
the wiring, start/stop switch perhaps.
A bit more info on the VFD would help.
I set up VFD's from time to time, it can be very frustrating to get them to
work. miss one little setting and nothing.
Greg

This is rather simple, but did you hit the "run" key on the keypad.
When it fires up for the first time it should have the "stop" key
activated. Just a thought. -Steve

JB

Steve,

Thanks for help. The VFD is an AC Tech model SM210S.

http://actechdrives.com/scm_data.htm

Joe...
wrote in message
oups.com...
This is rather simple, but did you hit the "run" key on the keypad.
When it fires up for the first time it should have the "stop" key
activated. Just a thought. -Steve

JB

Well, I finally got the VFD working. I didn't realize I was suppsed to
install a jumper wire between two of the control terminals. It's working
great.

My sincerest thanks for the help I received. Mike Henry was kind enough to
personally email in an attempt to help me. Thank you Mike.

Regards.

Joe...
"JB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I just finished wiring up my BP Mill with a VFD. It appears to be
pragrammed properly and the keypad show and does everything it should.
The only problem is the motor shows no signs of life. The motor worked
prior to installing the VFD.

I am assuming that I should be getting a voltage reading from the three
leads coming from the VFD to the motor. I get nothing, it has me thinking
that the VFD is dead. Any insight would be sincerely appreciated. I am
at a loss as to why it's not working.

Thanks.

Joe...

Greg O

"JB" wrote in message
Well, I finally got the VFD working. I didn't realize I was suppsed to
install a jumper wire between two of the control terminals. It's working
great.

My sincerest thanks for the help I received. Mike Henry was kind enough
to personally email in an attempt to help me. Thank you Mike.

Regards.

Joe...

Good going! I figured you were missing something. I have spent an hour or
two myself going over the setup and control wiring on a "dead" VFD before I
figured out what I missed.
Greg

Gunner

On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:54:41 -0400, "JB"
wrote:

Steve,

Thanks for help. The VFD is an AC Tech model SM210S.

http://actechdrives.com/scm_data.htm

Joe...
wrote in message
roups.com...
This is rather simple, but did you hit the "run" key on the keypad.
When it fires up for the first time it should have the "stop" key
activated. Just a thought. -Steve

One wonders if you have tried both running the unit from the control
panel on the front of the drive, and then from the remote? Were there
any error codes that show, or does all look ok? There should be some
indication if you are in run or stop mode.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown