Jeff Wisnia

Default Metal Content - GOLD

While surfing eBay I ran into this machine auction:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q1FA24D0B

Seems like the seller is a confirmed "Trekie", but he does have a link
on the eBay auction page to a rather interesting web page with lots of
historical facts and much data about the properties of gold:

http://back.to/timetravel/gold.htm

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Jon Danniken

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote:

While surfing eBay I ran into this machine auction:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q1FA24D0B

Seems like the seller is a confirmed "Trekie", but he does have a link
on the eBay auction page to a rather interesting web page with lots of
historical facts and much data about the properties of gold:

http://back.to/timetravel/gold.htm

That auction violates the Prime Directive.

Jon

I'm not sure if his auction violates the Prime Directive, but the
graphics employed on his website certainly do!

The horizontal scrolling, the blinking in the text background, and his
choice of background/text color makes the site frustrating to try and
read.

Harry C.

Gold is just another semi-heavy metal, so I'm not really concerned
about its origins.

What interest me most is where the large placier deposits of gold
released by the erosion of gold containing mountains formations are
likely to exist today. A bit of elementary physics helps to provide a
clue.

Harry C.

Inlaying metal TrailRat Metalworking 17 February 20th 05 07:29 PM
Getting started in metal crafts? KLS Metalworking 7 February 14th 05 01:47 PM
Attaching wooden lats to a metal balcony rail Andy Woodworking 1 February 2nd 05 11:45 AM
Accurate Holes in Concrete? (Slightly Bogus Metal Content) Doug White Metalworking 12 August 28th 04 06:20 PM
Creating very light hollow metal ornaments Marin Metalworking 4 January 23rd 04 02:41 AM