DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metal Content - GOLD (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/106345-metal-content-gold.html)

Jeff Wisnia May 15th 05 05:42 PM

Metal Content - GOLD

While surfing eBay I ran into this machine auction:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q1FA24D0B

Seems like the seller is a confirmed "Trekie", but he does have a link
on the eBay auction page to a rather interesting web page with lots of
historical facts and much data about the properties of gold:

http://back.to/timetravel/gold.htm

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"

Jon Danniken May 15th 05 10:01 PM

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote:

While surfing eBay I ran into this machine auction:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q1FA24D0B

Seems like the seller is a confirmed "Trekie", but he does have a link
on the eBay auction page to a rather interesting web page with lots of
historical facts and much data about the properties of gold:

http://back.to/timetravel/gold.htm

That auction violates the Prime Directive. :)

Jon

[email protected] May 16th 05 08:56 PM

I'm not sure if his auction violates the Prime Directive, but the
graphics employed on his website certainly do!

The horizontal scrolling, the blinking in the text background, and his
choice of background/text color makes the site frustrating to try and
read.

Harry C.

[email protected] May 16th 05 09:05 PM

Gold is just another semi-heavy metal, so I'm not really concerned
about its origins.

What interest me most is where the large placier deposits of gold
released by the erosion of gold containing mountains formations are
likely to exist today. A bit of elementary physics helps to provide a
clue.

Harry C.