Alex

Default What key for this chuck?

I just got a drill chuck marked RJ3-16L It's a 5/8 chuck.
What key will fit this chuck?

BTW
Is it any way I can check if it's a ball bearing chuck or not?
lionslair at consolidated dot net

Alex wrote:
I just got a drill chuck marked RJ3-16L It's a 5/8 chuck.
What key will fit this chuck?

BTW
Is it any way I can check if it's a ball bearing chuck or not?

Good information - the RJ3 is the key as I recall. Jacobs IIRC.

BB stands for ball bearing - I think a look at a web site for chucks might help.
But there are so many versions and sizes you will have to verify.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Pete & sheri

I went through a lot recently to find a particular chuck key myself. I
think I found some tables for chuck keys in the MSC catalog. The shank
diameter of the key seems to be the "key". Measure the diameter of the
key's hole in the chuck. Also, in those tables, I think they go by
chuck numbers such as you have here.

If this 5/8" chuck has a 1 1/2"-8 threaded back, then you probably don't
want to fool with it and you should just get rid of it, cheap, to me.

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------

Alex wrote:

I just got a drill chuck marked RJ3-16L It's a 5/8 chuck.
What key will fit this chuck?

BTW
Is it any way I can check if it's a ball bearing chuck or not?

Grant Erwin

Pete, I've got a mint Jacobs 58B that came with my first SB9. I don't think
I've ever used it. Want to make me an offer?

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington
to email me, do NOT "reply to" rather visit http://www.tinyisland.com/email.html