AL

Default Snow drill ?

Could someone tell me what a Snow Drill Machine drill press is used for? It
looks like a large drill press, but doesn't have a quill handle and the
motor size, drilling capacity, and height of table all seem to be small.

I'm not affiliated with the seller.

Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
Could someone tell me what a Snow Drill Machine drill press is used for? It
looks like a large drill press, but doesn't have a quill handle and the
motor size, drilling capacity, and height of table all seem to be small.

I'm not affiliated with the seller.

Automated or semi-automated drilling. That particular
machine is probably set up to drill a part that's manually
loaded into a fixture. Load part, hit a button, machine
does its thing, unload part.

Ned Simmons
D Murphy

Ned Simmons wrote in
:

In article ,
says...
Could someone tell me what a Snow Drill Machine drill press is used
for? It looks like a large drill press, but doesn't have a quill
handle and the motor size, drilling capacity, and height of table all
seem to be small.

I'm not affiliated with the seller.

Automated or semi-automated drilling. That particular
machine is probably set up to drill a part that's manually
loaded into a fixture. Load part, hit a button, machine
does its thing, unload part.

Exactly right. I would add that Snow is better known for their tapping
machines. In either case they are very well built machines, designed to run
millions and millions of cycles. Here is a tapper on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ry=12579&item=
7511154702&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

--

Dan

Pete & sheri

I bought one at a surplus sale years ago and never used it. I even got a
manual from Snow. But---- it was a 3 phase machine, had ONLY high
spindle speeds and its components were all air-driven.
As other posters said, it is a production machine. If you want to
drill a hole 1" deep, you take the front cover off, set the
microswitches for 1" of travel, close the front cover and test drill the
hole. It you want to drill a hole 3/4" of an inch deep, you ------.
In other words, it's not a casual use machine.

Pete Stanaitis