chunk

Default Need small piece of oil impregnated sintered bronze.

I need a piece about 1" diameter by 1.5" long of oil impregnated
sintered bronze to make some bearings to repair my favorite
chair. If you have some you could part with please let
me know. I could trade if you need some easily shipped material
that I have. Let me know what you need. I have no exotics.
Just steel/alum. Mail me at joe at freakyacres daught kahm.
Leo Lichtman

"chunk" wrote: (clip)I need a piece about 1" diameter by 1.5" long of oil
impregnated sintered bronze (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Look for spare parts to a Multilith offset press. It's loaded with sintered
bearings 1" OD, and varying in length. If you're lucky, the ID will be what
you want, or smaller.

carl mciver

Look for "DU bearing" on the web. Lots of it all over the place. If
that doesn't do it, I'll look in my catalogs. Never seen it in a shaft,
though, always in a bushing or flat bearing.

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
news |
| "chunk" wrote: (clip)I need a piece about 1" diameter by 1.5" long of oil
| impregnated sintered bronze (clip)
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Look for spare parts to a Multilith offset press. It's loaded with
sintered
| bearings 1" OD, and varying in length. If you're lucky, the ID will be
what
| you want, or smaller.

rhncue

MSC carries it in stock.
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building fine pool cues for real pool players at affordable prices.
"carl mciver" wrote in message
ink.net...
Look for "DU bearing" on the web. Lots of it all over the place. If
that doesn't do it, I'll look in my catalogs. Never seen it in a shaft,
though, always in a bushing or flat bearing.

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
news |
| "chunk" wrote: (clip)I need a piece about 1" diameter by 1.5" long of
oil
| impregnated sintered bronze (clip)
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Look for spare parts to a Multilith offset press. It's loaded with
sintered
| bearings 1" OD, and varying in length. If you're lucky, the ID will be
what
| you want, or smaller.

williamhenry

mcmaster likely sells the exact bushing you need

chunk

williamhenry wrote:
mcmaster likely sells the exact bushing you need

Mine needs a step cut in it but it looks like they
or MSC will have something that I can start out
with. Thanks!
David Billington

You didn't mention the ID but in the UK I would look for Oilite
bearings, readily available from bearing suppliers in inch and metric
sizes. Typically 1" OD has a 1/8" wall and come in various lengths.
Better to get one ready made to size as it does machine but IIRC should
then be burnished to size like the standard ones.

chunk wrote:

I need a piece about 1" diameter by 1.5" long of oil impregnated
sintered bronze to make some bearings to repair my favorite
chair. If you have some you could part with please let
me know. I could trade if you need some easily shipped material
that I have. Let me know what you need. I have no exotics.
Just steel/alum. Mail me at joe at freakyacres daught kahm.

A good hardware store will have either those flat "Sharon" bolt packs
or Jandorf packages that have many bronze bearings.

Richard W.

I have a new piece about 6 1/2" long and 7/8" in diameter.

Richard W.

"chunk" wrote in message
link.net...
I need a piece about 1" diameter by 1.5" long of oil impregnated
sintered bronze to make some bearings to repair my favorite
chair. If you have some you could part with please let
me know. I could trade if you need some easily shipped material
that I have. Let me know what you need. I have no exotics.
Just steel/alum. Mail me at joe at freakyacres daught kahm.

Steam Bending Lumber - Any Good Sites Big John Woodworking 2 December 26th 04 06:30 PM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
How Much Wood Are You Willing to “Waste” (Long) charlie b Woodworking 7 March 4th 04 06:05 PM
WTD: small ceramic corner piece danw UK diy 4 October 17th 03 09:41 PM